Re: [NH] HTML Dictionary

  • Patricia Osborne
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2000
      At 06:29 PM 9/2/00 -0500, Jody wrote:

      >Is there an HTML dictionary on-line?

      Did a google search and got over a million hits, but the first three look
      pretty good!
      <www.google.com>

      HTML Dictionary -- Complete list with examples of all
      ...Tables How To: Web Imaging HTML Dictionary HTML Forum News...
      ...CGI Unmasked: Java Home | HTML Dictionary | News Archive |...
      www.bensplanet.com/htmldic.htm - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

      mostly complete HTML dictionary
      ... HTML, the complete guide...
      math-www.uni-paderborn.de/dictionaries/Dictionaries/HTML-Dictionary/ - 2k -
      Cached - Similar pages

      HTML Dictionary
      ... HTML Dictionary This page is intended as a on-line help and...
      ...and listing of the mark-up's of the HTML standard. If you like it or if...
      www.imrt.mavt.ethz.ch/test/dictionary.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2000
        Hi Jody,

        At 06:29 PM 09/02/2000 -0500, you wrote:

        >Hi All,
        >
        >Is there an HTML dictionary on-line?
        >
        >Is "tag" a real word in reference to HTML?

        How about Webopedia? This is a clip that I got from you.

        ---------< start clip >---------
        H="WebOpedia"
        ^!SetWizardTitle Enter word to look up...
        ^!Set %Word%=^?{=_^&|^%Word%}
        ^!Set %Letter%=^$StrCopy("^%Word%";1;1)$
        ^!Url http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/^%Letter%/^%Word%.html
        ---------< end clip >-----------

        tag

        Last modified: May 5, 1997

        (n) A command inserted in a document that specifies how the document, or a
        portion of the document, should be formatted. Tags are used by all format
        specifications that store documents as text files. This includes SGML and
        HTML.

        (v) To mark a section of a document with a formatting command.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2000
          Hi Patricia and All,

          >Did a google search and got over a million hits, but the first
          >three look pretty good!

          Thanks for all the posts. I almost checked Web-O-Mania Larry.
          Looks like our old faithful is the only one that had it except
          for the human one, Michael. ;) Perhaps I will search for HTML
          dictionary someday and find an actual dictionary. Pat, the links
          you gave were just for Markup, except for the 404. ;)

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Grant
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
            > "Tag" refers to the characters we use to signify an "Element."
            >
            > In HTML, a paragraph is an element. <P> is the opening tag for
            > that element,
            > and </P> is the closing tag. The element is the whole thing: <P>text</P>.

            Ok stop there. whoa stop!! Good enough. Right o bye bye.
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
              Hi Michael and All,

              >GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds!
              >Apply NOW!

              No thanks - if we click on the links in the ads that are *on the
              top* of the posts we might get a virus that will wipe out our
              whole hard drive or they might search our hard drive for personal
              data. I think *all* the eGroups lists should know that! The
              risk was probably not very high when they are *on the bottom* of
              the post. ;)

              >"Tag" refers to the characters we use to signify an "Element."
              >
              >In HTML, a paragraph is an element. <P> is the opening tag for
              >that element, and </P> is the closing tag. The element is the
              >whole thing: <P>text</P>. Or, in object-oriented perspective,
              ><P>text</P> is an "instance" of the sorta neoplatonic-ish form
              >which is the pure, unsullied object not yet tainted by time and
              >matter. Or you, for that matter. Maybe I fit in there, too.

              LOL, I must go with Grant as well.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
            • phil
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
                I want to add my nickels worth on these ads at the TOP of the page. I don't
                like it
                at all. They are OK at the bottom, but these at the top are a nuisance.
                Are they
                really possibly virus spreaders besides?

                Phil E.

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
                  Hi Phil and Others,

                  >I want to add my nickels worth on these ads at the TOP of the
                  >page. I don't like it at all. They are OK at the bottom, but
                  >these at the top are a nuisance. Are they really possibly virus
                  >spreaders besides?

                  To be honest with you, no. That is, not any more than clicking
                  on any link in eMail or on the Internet.

                  In Jesus' Love,
                  Bro. Jody Adair
                  Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:
                  be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
                  Matthew 10:16

                  (o o)
                  oOOo-(_)-oOOo

                  http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611