Re: [NH] Re: What's the best way to...

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
      Web applications are always surprising me.

      If any one did not understand my previous post
      because of conversion to HTML so that it was just
      W I E R d, here is the pertinant part converted
      pretty much where it is important to character
      references:

      The following looks identical in Explorer and
      Netscape:

      (If you put any content here, the browser displays
      it before fiddling
      with the floated elements. This would be like a
      heading across the
      top.)
      <!-- The first half of the columned content
      here -->
      <!-- Whatever is left here -->
      (If there was any extra stuff here, the browser
      would try to squeeze
      it in between the two columns.)

      Written like this, the second div element would
      actually be
      vertically
      aligned higer than the first. That would be
      corrected by, once you
      have the content divvied up how you want it by
      adding a &lt;br /&gt;
      element
      at the top of the second div element, or
      switching them around,
      that is to say it could look like this:

      (If you put any content here, the browser displays
      it before fiddling
      with the floated elements. This would be like a
      heading across the
      top.)
      <!-- Whatever is left here -->
      <!-- The first half of the columned content
      here -->
      (If there was any extra stuff here, the browser
      would try to squeeze
      it in between the two columns.)

      Let's see what this post looks like.
      Stephen

      Birthday? Anniversary? Send FREE animated greeting
      cards for any occasion at http://greetings.xoom.com
    • Stephen Riddle
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2000
        Post is looking awfuller and awfuller. . .
        I'll sign of and play with my Sims for a while.