RE: [NH] Links to files on tool bar

  • Clint Tredway
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
      you can make a clip that does this. Look at the image clip and this will
      show you how to access the open file dialog.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
        Hi Pierre,

        At 10:35 PM 09/01/2000 +0200, you wrote:

        >Hello,
        >
        >There is a limitation to the HTML Tool bar present in the last Note Tab Pro
        >version, with which I am not very happy, because otherwise Note Tab could
        >fulfil most of my needs in Web pages building :
        >
        >That is the fact that when one presses the "link" (to file or Web site)
        icon,
        >there is no option to go find a file through the explorer, as for example
        there
        >is for the Image icons (with or without links). This means that if I want to
        >build a link to a page in the same site, using a relative path, I have to
        type
        >the whole path by hand, instead of letting the programme do the job, as it
        >should.
        >
        >The only solution would be to change the code of that clip, and offer two
        >options under this icon :
        >
        >* link to url
        >
        >* relative link to a page, using the explorer.
        >
        >Hasn't anybody felt the same limitation using NoteTab for HTML pages ?
        >Has someone build the missing clip ?
        >
        >I think this feature should definitely appear in the next version of NoteTab.

        It already appears in this version without the need for a clip but you can
        build one if you wish.

        ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+F5

        Should take care of it and put a button on the clipbar for it.
        Alternatively, you can just manually press the keys yourself or click on
        the menu bar Document|Insert HTML Link/Image.

        Regards,

        Larry
        larryt@...
      • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2000
          02/09/00 12:04:05

          Yes I converted the images clip to HTML to find files, however, although it gives a
          pathway it does then need editing. You can sometimes get a result like this...

          My adaptation was:

          H="Hyperlink find"
          ^!SetWizardLabel "Enter file name"
          ^!InsertWizardHtml <a ^?{(t=T;F="html" files|*.html;*.htm")& file name}>^&</a>

          I always play around with clips, combining clip books and separating out material from
          inside them to make new clipbooks, and adding in my own style sheet choices to drop
          down menus and the like.

          Adrian Worsfold

          web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
          email: adrian@...
        • Pierre Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2000
            Adrian's solution to the problem mentionned in my first message is
            perfect. Thank you very much for "fiddling around". You can just add
            the following element to the HTML clipbar 1:
            "HTML","Hyperlink find","cbrepost.bmp"
            I think this clip should be standardly added to the HTML clip, and
            the clipbar when they are updated.

            I haven't have better than this bmp image for this clip. If anyone
            has a more appropriate one, please send it over to me.

            Pierre

            --- In ntb-html@egroups.com, Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold <change@f...>