Re: [NH] CSS?

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hi Wayland,

      Wayland_B_Fowler@... wrote:

      > I realize that "CSS" is an acronym,
      > but what is it an acronym for?

      CSS stays for "Cascading Style Sheets"

      A good address to learn more about it is:
      http://www.css.nu/

      They describe it like this:

      "CSS is a flexible, cross-platform, standards-based language
      used to suggest stylistic or presentational features applied
      throughout entire websites. In their most elegant forms, CSS
      are specified in a separate file and called from within the
      HTML header area when documents loads into the CSS-enabled
      browser. Users can always turn off the author's styles and
      apply their own or mix their important styles with the
      authors. This points to the "cascading" aspect of CSS."

      I think that here in the HTML-List are several members
      who know about CSS and who are less (well..) slow in
      writing in English than I...

      They can certainly tell you more about details!

      Regards,

      Melchior

      --
      http://www.alphazwirbel.net/orp/orp.htm