Re: [NH] What's the best way to...

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2000
      Hi Martha,

      >It seems NoteTab doesn't support a format to handle newspaper
      >columns -at least not without mega programming, so I've been told.

      Not like what you are wanting like in Adobe.

      >Can't I have a Word .doc open automatically on demand in NoteTab
      >Pro and is this the best way to handle what I would like to do?

      No, .doc files have binary in them which will not work in
      NoteTab. You can go with tables, but the hard part is getting the
      right amount of text in each column as Emmett pointed out. That
      is why I have not messed with a script for NoteTab. You have
      font size to consider, what if the user is set to override your
      settings in his/her browser, what screen resolution are they
      using, etc. If you just have a half a page to do in the three
      columns then it is no big deal. however, if you have pages to do
      then you either have to put them in three very long columns and
      scroll up/down as Emmett mentioned or guess at how much screen
      the visitors will have and keep making sets of columns so many
      lines long. So, you would have like pages one after another and
      the user would read three columns and then go to the next one.
      What you end up with is a real pain for both you and the user
      because of all the different variables.

      You can look in NoteTab's HTML Library though and it has a couple
      table wizards in it you can play with.

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...