HTML Color picker

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2000
      Hi Grant,

      My delay did not work when I first run MSIE. It seems that MSIE takes
      longer to start the first time. Here is the modified clip that does work.

      ^!Set %ResetFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
      ^!SetNameFormat "colorPicker.htm"
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!SetNameFormat "^%ResetFormat%"
      ^$GetClipText(clrPick)$
      ^!Toolbar View Other Browser
      :Loop
      ^!IfAppOpen "* Internet Explorer" Next Else Loop
      ^!DestroyDoc

      Your new clip does not work for me because Netscape is my primary browser
      so I cannot use ^!Url to launch the page like I can with the above clip.
      Thanks for the info on selecting colors. I am so ignorant on HTML that I
      thought your color picker was more extensive than what I was suggesting
      with Ctrl+F5.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Ian Ornstein
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2000
        Here is an alternative that I have found useful:

        http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/bgcolors216.html

        HTH

        - IanO -
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2000
          Hi All,

          I'm doing a test to see if the ad gets stripped when left in.
          There should only be one ad above this if it is working like
          eGroups said it would.

          Eric said he would pay for a couple of the groups to go to a no
          ad version, but I do not know if the HTML list is included. It
          costs $59.95 to remove them for one year and he should not have
          to pay for any of the lists. I certainly cannot afford it. If
          any of you find the ads annoying that have money to blow, ;),
          feel free to write me and you can pay to have them taken out
          completely. I am pretty sure there will still be a two liner at
          the bottom for eGroups though.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Stephen Riddle
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 29, 2000
            Hi All,
            It's been a long day,
            I just posted a request to go to my page an look at my DHTML color
            picker for comments, compliments or criticisms and did not include
            the
            URL. (Oh well)
            Here it is:
            http://members.xoom.com/Esselare
            Thanks,
            Stephen
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2000
              Hi Stephen,

              >I just posted a request to go to my page an look at my DHTML
              >color picker for comments, compliments or criticisms and did not
              >include the URL. (Oh well)
              >Here it is:
              >http://members.xoom.com/Esselare

              It looks interesting. I don't know if it was my connection, but it
              was way too slow for me to hang around.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
            • Grant
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 1, 2000
                I had a bit of spare time so I put a bit of work in on the color picker.
                Did a quicksearch on other color pickers out there and I think mines a
                winner.
                It's fast, intuitive and fun to use way to see and get font and background
                color contrasts, the only drawback is that it requires ie4+.

                Check it out
                www.markUp.co.nz/colorPicker/back_to_font_home.htm

                Also included in a notetab library.

                www.markUp.co.nz/colorPicker/xhtml-css.zip

                The incorperated color picker is and hta application which allows you to run
                in full screen mode and will allow me to extend it's functionality if I get
                the time.
              • Clint Tredway
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 1, 2000
                  That is really cool. Thanks for working on this!
                  - Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday -
                  FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2000
                    Hi Grant,

                    >I had a bit of spare time

                    You do pretty neat stuff in your spare time!!! ;) It's worth the
                    visit folks and also Steve Riddle's which is different than
                    Grant's, but has a lot of text for reading/learning. Instead of
                    the Battle of the Browsers we can have a Comparing of the Color
                    Pickers. ;)

                    Stephen's:
                    http://www.blueneptune.com/~stephen/

                    Grant's:

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 4, 2000
                      > Hi All,
                      > It's been a long day,
                      > I just posted a request to go to my page an look at my DHTML color
                      > picker for comments, compliments or criticisms and did not include

                      hi Stephen

                      The page produces a script error "object not found"
                      The problem lies call to the movingcursor() function in the body
                      You most likely know this but
                      The usual reasons for this error is that you are trying to call an object
                      that you haven't instantiated (a var or array) or that you are calling a
                      document object that has not yet loaded.