Re: [NH] Extracting links generated in a goggle search - How?

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
      Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

      Below is a copy and paste from these Google results.
      https://www.google.com/search?name=f&hl=en&q=Bates+cairns

      +++++++++Google Results++++++++++++++++
      [PDF]
      #Waldron Bates, Pathmaker - National Park Service#
      The above is linked to this:

      http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nps.gov%2Facad%2Fparkmgmt%2Fupload%2FCairns2.pdf&ei=_PkVUvCiGeH-4AOplICQDQ&usg=AFQjCNFElKkiUvLixkTXphdHWytGBmh1Lw&sig2=keqCrEA8XNsc8VXgm-Lrwg&bvm=bv.51156542,d.dmg

      This is followed by this link:

      #www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/upload/WaldronBates.pdf‎#

      But the above link returns a 404.

      #One standard he developed was for building cairns in a unique style we
      now call the Bates cairn (see photo). Acadia National Park is
      re-establishing this simple ...#

      +++++++++Google Results++++++++++++++++

      How can I extract just the actual, working link from all this mess?
      Thanks,
      -Mike
      =======

      On 8/8/2013 2:44 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > > Can anyone tell me how to extract a link generated in a Google search.
      >
      > Search for "http://" and you'll find
      >
      > http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fs.fed.us%2Fpsw%2Fprograms%2Fuesd%2Fuep%2Fproducts%2Fcufr_372_TreeRootConflicts.pdf
      >
      > %3A = : %2F = /

      I want to strip out all the Google junk added to the link like
      "http%3A2F%2F" etc. and just have the original link referred to.
      Thanks,
      -Mike

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > #www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/upload/WaldronBates.pdf‎#
        >
        > But the above link returns a 404.

        Not after trimming junk before the www and after the pdf.

        Axel
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
          On 8/22/2013 8:17 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > > #www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/upload/WaldronBates.pdf‎#
          > >
          > > But the above link returns a 404.
          >
          > Not after trimming junk before the www and after the pdf.

          Weird! Now it works.
          But there are problems with other Google results.
          In some cases a link with a longer path will be as such:
          www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/.../...upload/WaldronBates.pdf

          How then would one know the actual path?
          Thanks,
          -Mike