Re: [NH] Converting Maximum Tags through Document to HTML

  • Roopakshi Pathania
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
      Hi Axel, Marcelo, and others:

      I'm aware of Markdown, but that's primarily useful in writing wikis. In fact ReStructured Text is a better option.
      But in this case, I'm still looking to make use of the option that's available under the Modify menu. I repeat my question again in the form of examples.
      Are there particular font sizes that would result in different heading levels when I use Document to HTML option?
      Just as links can be created internally by using [], can something similar be done for descriptive html links as well?
      Also, can I put some kind of quotes around my text so that it gets converted into blockquotes?
      What about Characters to HTML option under the same menu, would that be useful?

      There you go, I've revealed how deeply I've thought about it, all just to avoid redoing my writing (yes, I'm lazy).

      Thanks

      Sent from my Lenovo ThinkPad

      Subject: Re: [NH] Converting Maximum Tags through Document to HTML
      To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, August 16, 2013, 5:55 AM

      Roopakshi Pathania wrote:

      > My aim is to first create a plain text, and then
      generate html

      > from this file that I can paste in the html editor of
      my blog.

      Another take on this:

      I too hate those dreadful online-editors that go with
      blogging software

      and prefer to paste finished HTML. But I think a two step
      process is

      more work, not less. HTML is an easy, legible syntax and
      NoteTab makes

      it very easy to type valid HTML right as you go. I convert
      text when I

      copy it from somewhere else and have clips to automate that
      as far as

      feasable, but my own work tends to be HTML from scratch - or
      TeX which

      offers a similarly featured syntax and can be converted.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 16, 2013
        Roopakshi Pathania wrote:
        > Are there particular font sizes that would result

        I really, honestly don't understand you. Receiving text from other
        sources, conversion is what you have to do. But quite apart from NT not
        having and not knowing about font sizes, what would you gain? Is there
        ANY program that makes font size changes as easy or easier than just
        typing "<h3%space%" which is all it takes for autocomplete to kick in?

        > Also, can I put some kind of quotes around my text so that it
        > gets converted into blockquotes?

        I just type "<blqu%SPACE%" or "<p%SPACE%" which call up (several long
        lines, beware!):

        H="<blqu"
        ^!InsertHtml <BLOCKQUOTE><P>^P^&^P</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

        H="<h3"
        ^!InsertHtml <H3>^&</H3>

        H="<p"
        ^!Set %varCLS%=^?[(T=C)&Class:
        =_|last|noskip|gelb|first|skip|bigskip|hugeskip|vortit|rblock|lblock];
        %varEMP%=^?[(T=L;H=9)Choose &Emphasis=_|CITE|EM|STRONG|BIG|SMALL];
        %varALN%=^?[(T=L;H=5)&Align (transitional)=center|_|justify|left|right];
        %varBLQ%=^?[(T=L;H=6)Choose &Frame=_|BLOCKQUOTE];
        %varQUO%=^?[(T=L;H=5)Quotes=_keine^=|deutsche^=„|englische^=“]
        :frame
        ^!Set %varEBL%=""
        ^!IfEmpty "^%varBLQ%" noblq
        ^!Set %varEBL%="</^%varBLQ%>"
        ^!Set %varBLQ%="<^%varBLQ%>"
        :noblq
        ^!Set %varEEM%=""
        ^!IfEmpty "^%varEMP%" noemp
        ^!Set %varEEM%="</^%varEMP%>"
        ^!Set %varEMP%="<^%varEMP%>"
        :noemp
        ^!Set %varSTL%=""
        ^!IfEmpty "^%varALN%" quotes
        ^!Set %varSTL%="text-align: ^%varALN%"
        :quotes
        ^!Set %varEQU%=""
        ^!IfEmpty "^%varQUO%" leer
        ^!IfSame "^%varQUO%" "„" ^!Set %varEQU%="“"
        ^!IfSame "^%varQUO%" "“" ^!Set %varEQU%="”"
        :leer
        ^!InsertWizardHtml ^%varBLQ%<P CLASS="^$StrLower("^%varCLS%")$"
        STYLE="^%varSTL%"
        ALIGN="^%varALN%">^%varEMP%^P^%varQUO%^&^%varEQU%^P^%varEEM%</P>^%varEBL%

        When typing from scratch, NOTHING is easier and faster than using my own
        HTML clips that have grown around my personal preferences. Anything else
        is more, not less work and hassle quite apart from having one more set
        of syntax to remember on top of all those other ones.

        N.B: Wizards are written such, that often used options are near the top
        and those rarely deviating from the default near the bottom. In the most
        frequent case nothing is entered but a single <RETURN>, all the rarer
        and more complicated cases are dealt with in the minimum number of
        <TAB>s and other keystrokes.