Re: [NH] Converting Maximum Tags through Document to HTML

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15 3:21 PM
      Marcelo Bastos wrote:
      > Markdown is an interesting idea, but the means they offer
      > to perform the conversion is through a Perl script.

      Well actually Markdown is two things. It is a well thought-out syntax
      and a script to go with it. You can easily adopt the first and still do
      the conversion through clips. Thinking of all the stuff that needs to be
      marked and coming up with a good, legible, easy to type, and easy to
      parse syntax is not trivial, so it pays to plagiarize the experts.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 15 5:25 PM
        Roopakshi Pathania wrote:
        > My aim is to first create a plain text, and then generate html
        > from this file that I can paste in the html editor of my blog.

        Another take on this:
        I too hate those dreadful online-editors that go with blogging software
        and prefer to paste finished HTML. But I think a two step process is
        more work, not less. HTML is an easy, legible syntax and NoteTab makes
        it very easy to type valid HTML right as you go. I convert text when I
        copy it from somewhere else and have clips to automate that as far as
        feasable, but my own work tends to be HTML from scratch - or TeX which
        offers a similarly featured syntax and can be converted.

        Axel
      • Roopakshi Pathania
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 16 11:24 AM
          Hi Axel, Marcelo, and others:

          I'm aware of Markdown, but that's primarily useful in writing wikis. In fact ReStructured Text is a better option.
          But in this case, I'm still looking to make use of the option that's available under the Modify menu. I repeat my question again in the form of examples.
          Are there particular font sizes that would result in different heading levels when I use Document to HTML option?
          Just as links can be created internally by using [], can something similar be done for descriptive html links as well?
          Also, can I put some kind of quotes around my text so that it gets converted into blockquotes?
          What about Characters to HTML option under the same menu, would that be useful?

          There you go, I've revealed how deeply I've thought about it, all just to avoid redoing my writing (yes, I'm lazy).

          Thanks

          Sent from my Lenovo ThinkPad

          Subject: Re: [NH] Converting Maximum Tags through Document to HTML
          To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Friday, August 16, 2013, 5:55 AM

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16 2:28 PM
            Roopakshi Pathania wrote:
            > Are there particular font sizes that would result

            I really, honestly don't understand you. Receiving text from other
            sources, conversion is what you have to do. But quite apart from NT not
            having and not knowing about font sizes, what would you gain? Is there
            ANY program that makes font size changes as easy or easier than just
            typing "<h3%space%" which is all it takes for autocomplete to kick in?

            > Also, can I put some kind of quotes around my text so that it
            > gets converted into blockquotes?

            I just type "<blqu%SPACE%" or "<p%SPACE%" which call up (several long
            lines, beware!):

            H="<blqu"
            ^!InsertHtml <BLOCKQUOTE><P>^P^&^P</P></BLOCKQUOTE>

            H="<h3"
            ^!InsertHtml <H3>^&</H3>

            H="<p"
            ^!Set %varCLS%=^?[(T=C)&Class:
            =_|last|noskip|gelb|first|skip|bigskip|hugeskip|vortit|rblock|lblock];
            %varEMP%=^?[(T=L;H=9)Choose &Emphasis=_|CITE|EM|STRONG|BIG|SMALL];
            %varALN%=^?[(T=L;H=5)&Align (transitional)=center|_|justify|left|right];
            %varBLQ%=^?[(T=L;H=6)Choose &Frame=_|BLOCKQUOTE];
            %varQUO%=^?[(T=L;H=5)Quotes=_keine^=|deutsche^=„|englische^=“]
            :frame
            ^!Set %varEBL%=""
            ^!IfEmpty "^%varBLQ%" noblq
            ^!Set %varEBL%="</^%varBLQ%>"
            ^!Set %varBLQ%="<^%varBLQ%>"
            :noblq
            ^!Set %varEEM%=""
            ^!IfEmpty "^%varEMP%" noemp
            ^!Set %varEEM%="</^%varEMP%>"
            ^!Set %varEMP%="<^%varEMP%>"
            :noemp
            ^!Set %varSTL%=""
            ^!IfEmpty "^%varALN%" quotes
            ^!Set %varSTL%="text-align: ^%varALN%"
            :quotes
            ^!Set %varEQU%=""
            ^!IfEmpty "^%varQUO%" leer
            ^!IfSame "^%varQUO%" "„" ^!Set %varEQU%="“"
            ^!IfSame "^%varQUO%" "“" ^!Set %varEQU%="”"
            :leer
            ^!InsertWizardHtml ^%varBLQ%<P CLASS="^$StrLower("^%varCLS%")$"
            STYLE="^%varSTL%"
            ALIGN="^%varALN%">^%varEMP%^P^%varQUO%^&^%varEQU%^P^%varEEM%</P>^%varEBL%

            When typing from scratch, NOTHING is easier and faster than using my own
            HTML clips that have grown around my personal preferences. Anything else
            is more, not less work and hassle quite apart from having one more set
            of syntax to remember on top of all those other ones.

            N.B: Wizards are written such, that often used options are near the top
            and those rarely deviating from the default near the bottom. In the most
            frequent case nothing is entered but a single <RETURN>, all the rarer
            and more complicated cases are dealt with in the minimum number of
            <TAB>s and other keystrokes.