Extracting links generated in a goggle search - How?

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
      Greetings,
      Can anyone tell me how to extract a link generated in a Google search.

      Below you will see the link Google generated
      Next is the actual link. But they are almost always truncated/shortened.
      Thanks,
      WV-Mike
      ------------
      [PDF]
      A review of tree root conflicts with sidewalks, curbs, and roads
      http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjABOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fs.fed.us%2Fpsw%2Fprograms%2Fuesd%2Fuep%2Fproducts%2Fcufr_372_TreeRootConflicts.pdf&ei=P-ADUrHOJY-44APIkYHgAg&usg=AFQjCNHyU5BwX-1BaRxr05w32I8KYntGxQ&sig2=9a3pyLRT35v0TYZ1QEET_A

      www.fs.fed.us/psw/programs/uesd/uep/.../cufr_372_TreeRootConflicts.p...‎
      by EG MCPHERSON - ‎2001 - ‎Cited by 22 - ‎Related articles
      Forces exerted by radial growth of roots can lift light structures such
      as paths, curbs, .... urban soil temperatures vary but are greatest
      under asphalt and concrete ... It has been noted that some cities use
      regular crown pruning to control root ...
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me how to extract a link generated in a Google search.

        Search for "http://" and you'll find

        http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fs.fed.us%2Fpsw%2Fprograms%2Fuesd%2Fuep%2Fproducts%2Fcufr_372_TreeRootConflicts.pdf

        %3A = : %2F = /

        Axel
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2013
          On 8/8/2013 2:44 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > > Can anyone tell me how to extract a link generated in a Google search.
          >
          > Search for "http://" and you'll find
          >
          > http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fs.fed.us%2Fpsw%2Fprograms%2Fuesd%2Fuep%2Fproducts%2Fcufr_372_TreeRootConflicts.pdf
          >
          > %3A = : %2F = /

          I want to strip out all the Google junk added to the link like
          "http%3A2F%2F" etc. and just have the original link referred to.
          Thanks,
          -Mike

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
            Has anyone come up with a solution to this?

            Below is a copy and paste from these Google results.
            https://www.google.com/search?name=f&hl=en&q=Bates+cairns

            +++++++++Google Results++++++++++++++++
            [PDF]
            #Waldron Bates, Pathmaker - National Park Service#
            The above is linked to this:

            http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nps.gov%2Facad%2Fparkmgmt%2Fupload%2FCairns2.pdf&ei=_PkVUvCiGeH-4AOplICQDQ&usg=AFQjCNFElKkiUvLixkTXphdHWytGBmh1Lw&sig2=keqCrEA8XNsc8VXgm-Lrwg&bvm=bv.51156542,d.dmg

            This is followed by this link:

            #www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/upload/WaldronBates.pdf‎#

            But the above link returns a 404.

            #One standard he developed was for building cairns in a unique style we
            now call the Bates cairn (see photo). Acadia National Park is
            re-establishing this simple ...#

            +++++++++Google Results++++++++++++++++

            How can I extract just the actual, working link from all this mess?
            Thanks,
            -Mike
            =======

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
              Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > #www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/upload/WaldronBates.pdf‎#
              >
              > But the above link returns a 404.

              Not after trimming junk before the www and after the pdf.

              Axel
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 22, 2013
                On 8/22/2013 8:17 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
                > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                > > #www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/upload/WaldronBates.pdf‎#
                > >
                > > But the above link returns a 404.
                >
                > Not after trimming junk before the www and after the pdf.

                Weird! Now it works.
                But there are problems with other Google results.
                In some cases a link with a longer path will be as such:
                www.nps.gov/acad/historyculture/.../...upload/WaldronBates.pdf

                How then would one know the actual path?
                Thanks,
                -Mike