Re: [Clip] Re: Import from Word

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      Op 28/01/2013 4:06, Johnn schreef:
      > I use bare minimum HTML to provide structure, basic usability and readability.
      >
      > I just want headers, line breaks, bold, italics and other things to remain intact after pasting from Word.

      Here:
      http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142530
      can one find another Wordmacro (I didn't test it, because I had already
      my own macro that works perfect for my needs).
      --
      Translatie > www.adrien-verlee.be

      - Ongedeelde informatie = verloren informatie -
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
        Hi,

        On 01 Feb 13 12:26 Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> said:
        > Op 28/01/2013 4:06, Johnn schreef:
        > > I use bare minimum HTML to provide structure, basic usability and
        > readability.
        > >
        > > I just want headers, line breaks, bold, italics and other things
        > to remain intact after pasting from Word.

        I have just been pointed to:

        http://word2cleanhtml.com/

        which may help. The comment that came with the link said:

        I just threw an ugly course syllabus at it and it did pretty well,
        making a reasonable fist of some tables and other presentational
        styles.

        You would definitely need to go in afterward with a text editor to
        clean things up a bit as there were plenty of empty tags (almost
        certainly inherited from the word document and it's multiple edits by
        multiple people over the years) and (by necessity) all styles were
        inline but for a big document I think this would be faster than
        completely restyling plain text.

        Greg