Re: [NH] HTML Text Editors

  • M
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2012
      Hi cmark50,

      I think Axel may have missed something. The first thing I would ask you
      is what do you want a text editor for?

      Answer that and we can help. Basically a text editor doesnot have the
      bells and whistles that a word processor does. The latter is used for
      correspondance, writing that novel and similar activities while the text
      editor is used for writing web pages, computer programs and the like.
      Let us know what you want from it. Over to you!

      Regards,
      Michael Rawley

      -----
      No virus found in this message.
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 16, 2012
        M wrote:
        > I think Axel may have missed something. The first thing I would
        > ask you is what do you want a text editor for?

        I mayx not have been clear enough, but just that was implicit in my "the
        big change is
        not how to do things but what to do."

        > a word processor [...] is used for correspondance, writing that
        > novel and similar activities while the text editor is used for
        > writing web pages, computer programs and the like.

        Not necessarily. As I write formatted text using LaTeX, the tool of
        choice still is Notetab.

        Axel
      • Fookes Software
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2012
          Hi Cole,

          Just to let you know there's a big "How To..." section in NoteTab's help
          file that you may find helpful. Just press F1 to open the help file.

          If you prefer a printable version you can download it from:
          http://www.notetab.com/doc/NoteTab-Manual.pdf

          The "How To" section starts on page 40.

          Julian - Fookes Software Help Desk