Markdown

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
      I have recently become aware of Markdown, a technique/conversion program
      to make it easier to write in plaintext and convert to HTML.

      http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

      I wonder if it would be too hard to add support to it (perhaps even
      built-in support, as opposed to calling an external program) to Notetab?

      What about replicating the Markdown functionality in a clip?

      Has someone been working on this?

      --
      MCBastos

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my HP 12C.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
        I worked on it until I ran into issues that I couldn't solve with NoteTab clips. I contacted the developer to see about
        adding more support, but he wasn't interested. So, I dropped it in favor of another technique that I developed.
        Essentially, I built a set of tags to automatically tag everything in a document, (with manual tags as needed) and use
        those tags to create the html, again through clips. No need for universal support, and I can add tags any time I need
        them. I run Calibre through NoteTab to convert the html to ebooks as well.
        You can see some of my html files at:
        http://recipetools.gotdns.com/index_mag.htm

        Regards,
        John