Clip Processing HTML pages, Open Documents - ending eternal loop?

  • Jeffery Scism
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2012
      I am running a Clip which I want to HTMLTIDY all open documents, after
      running the LAST Clip on each, save then close each one, then process
      the next document, by selecting all, run the last run clip, and close
      save and repeat. BUT obviously when it runs out of documents it tries
      to keep going by tidying and saving a continuous stream of new documents.

      How do I tell it to QUIT if it runs out of documents? (If Then Else?)

      The LAST Clip called inserts the selected Content into a new HTML
      documentby using the "^&" Indicating the paste point in the new HTML
      page which REPLACES the current page. It then goes on to the next page
      and loops.
      Current clip portion looks like this:

      ^!SetScreenUpdate OFF
      ;Html Code inserted here including ^& then more HTML code
      ;Run HTMLTIDY on focused document
      ^!RUNTIDY iS
      ;Close Current Document
      ^!Close Save
      ;Return to First Document position, Focus
      ^!Document First
      ;Select the entire text of the First Document
      ^!Select ALL

      ;(How do I test to see if the focused doc is empty, and if so EXIT the
      clip?)

      ;Run Last run Clip on First Document
      ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+SPACEBAR &1000

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2012
        Assuming each document has html code, why don't you just test for the presence of an angle bracket at each open?

        Regards,
        John