Re: [NH] How to convert internet links to local filesystem links?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > I downloaded my entire web site via FTP.
      > I would now like to convert all the links to my local filesystem.

      That is a bit of a problem. I have a locally installed Apache server for
      that purpose. Using that I can use a root directory href="/". On all my
      sites all internal links are relative one or relative to root, so no
      change is necessary. (Very handy for developing, no upload before
      viewing.)

      > I cannot come up with any utility via a Google search.

      Without a local server you do need to change links - a lot of hassle
      IMHO. But a simple search and replace should suffice. You have

      a) relative links "pics/mountain.jpg"
      No change necessary.
      b) Links relative to root beginning with a slash "/icons/icon3.gif"
      You need to replace that first slash with "file:///F:/directory/"
      c) Full URLs beginning with "http://epicroadtrips.us/"
      Replace that string with the one above.

      Done. All the utitlity you need right there in NT.

      Axel
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 11, 2012
        On 11/11/2012 11:07 AM, Axel Berger wrote:
        > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        >> I downloaded my entire web site via FTP.
        >> I would now like to convert all the links to my local filesystem.
        >
        > That is a bit of a problem. I have a locally installed Apache server for
        > that purpose. Using that I can use a root directory href="/". On all my
        > sites all internal links are relative one or relative to root, so no
        > change is necessary. (Very handy for developing, no upload before
        > viewing.)

        Arg!
        I forgot about PHP aspect of it.
        I have WAMP for that.