Re: [NH] How do I get HTML to show up as plain text in a web page

  • Don
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
      Highlight the stuff you want and then click on modify > characters to
      html > all special characters ...

      it will become plain text that displays without being actual html ... to
      preserve spacing if desired wrap in pre tags.

      On 11/7/2012 4:31 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      >> I need all of the HTML to be visible.
    • Bob McAllister
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
        Option 1

        <xmp></xmp> was a tag for Examples of HTML. Now deprecated but still works
        fine in Chrome. (Check other browsers).

        Option 2

        Use a textarea to pull your code out of the rendering.

        <form>
        <textarea rows="3" cols="80" wrap="off" readonly="readonly">
        href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
        </textarea>
        </form>

        It seems to work without the <form></form> but the page would not validate
        with a bare form element.

        Bob

        On 8 November 2012 05:58, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <
        mike@...> wrote:

        > I want this HTML to show up as plain text, not a link, in a web page How
        > do I do that?

        > href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
        >
        > I tired <pre> and <code> but that did not work.
        >

        > Thanks,
        > -Mike

      • Jeffery Scism
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
          On 11/7/2012 11:58 AM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
          http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/

          Just type the link without the A Href coding
        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
            On 11/7/2012 1:31 PM, Axel Berger wrote:

            > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > > I need all of the HTML to be visible.
            >
            > If you mean all the URL, i.e. http://.../d1/, then just write it down.
            > If you want "<a" to be seen and not interpreted, then make it "<a".
            >
            > > But it will not apply.
            >
            > Look like specificity again. Try the full "div#content p.date a" instead
            > of "p.date a".
            >
            > Axel

            OR Highlight <p class="date"><strong><a
            href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
            MODIFY>Document to HTML>with Paragraph tags

          • William Cole
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7, 2012
              Maybe something like:

              target="_blank" <br>title="Friday, June 11">Friday, June

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 8, 2012
                Wow! That was fun.
                So many ways to skin a cat.
                Here they are: