Re: [NH] How do I get HTML to show up as plain text in a web page

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7 1:31 PM
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > I need all of the HTML to be visible.

      If you mean all the URL, i.e. http://.../d1/, then just write it down.
      If you want "<a" to be seen and not interpreted, then make it "<a".

      > But it will not apply.

      Look like specificity again. Try the full "div#content p.date a" instead
      of "p.date a".

      Axel
    • Don
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7 1:37 PM
        Highlight the stuff you want and then click on modify > characters to
        html > all special characters ...

        it will become plain text that displays without being actual html ... to
        preserve spacing if desired wrap in pre tags.

        On 11/7/2012 4:31 PM, Axel Berger wrote:
        > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        >> I need all of the HTML to be visible.
      • Bob McAllister
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7 4:58 PM
          Option 1

          <xmp></xmp> was a tag for Examples of HTML. Now deprecated but still works
          fine in Chrome. (Check other browsers).

          Option 2

          Use a textarea to pull your code out of the rendering.

          <form>
          <textarea rows="3" cols="80" wrap="off" readonly="readonly">
          href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
          </textarea>
          </form>

          It seems to work without the <form></form> but the page would not validate
          with a bare form element.

          Bob

          On 8 November 2012 05:58, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <
          mike@...> wrote:

          > I want this HTML to show up as plain text, not a link, in a web page How
          > do I do that?

          > href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
          >
          > I tired <pre> and <code> but that did not work.
          >

          > Thanks,
          > -Mike

        • Jeffery Scism
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7 5:16 PM
            On 11/7/2012 11:58 AM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
            http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/

            Just type the link without the A Href coding
          • Jeffery Scism
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7 5:19 PM
              On 11/7/2012 1:31 PM, Axel Berger wrote:

              > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > > I need all of the HTML to be visible.
              >
              > If you mean all the URL, i.e. http://.../d1/, then just write it down.
              > If you want "<a" to be seen and not interpreted, then make it "<a".
              >
              > > But it will not apply.
              >
              > Look like specificity again. Try the full "div#content p.date a" instead
              > of "p.date a".
              >
              > Axel

              OR Highlight <p class="date"><strong><a
              href='http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/mich-ont/d1/' target="_blank"
              MODIFY>Document to HTML>with Paragraph tags

            • William Cole
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 7 9:35 PM
                Maybe something like:

                target="_blank" <br>title="Friday, June 11">Friday, June

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 8 2:50 AM
                  Wow! That was fun.
                  So many ways to skin a cat.
                  Here they are: