Re: [NH] Slow page ....!

  • Ed Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23 2:37 PM
      Try a visit to http://www.spinwave.com/crunchers.html, browse to find your
      jpg or gif, and see what they can offer in terms of reducing colour depth.
      I don't think you're going to get down to 5k, though.

      Cut the white space by all means, but neither jpg nor gif takes much space
      for unchanging colour areas. I suspect it's your shadow that is keeping the
      size of the file up - see how the main image stays much the same as the
      colours reduce, but the shadow suffers.

      It's not a big file really, and if it's the only significant graphic on an
      explanatory page you should have no problem. Take it down to 12-14k if you
      like, but you should be OK for most collie enthusiasts.

      Ed