Re: [NH] valid html5

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 19, 2012
      John,

      Op 19/08/2012 15:10, John Shotsky schreef:
      > I converted because I wanted to get it out of my way before I built any more of my web pages, and so I would be able to
      > take advantage of some of the newer technology, such as no longer needing Flash to display movies. I knew I would
      > eventually have to do it, so I got it out of the earlier, rather than later.

      More or less, this is my goal too.
      I think EPUB en mobiles would become important, so a move towards that
      isn't bad.

      Once I have a good warning and error free page, I can go further. In
      making templates and ect.

      > For anyone wanting some good boilerplate for mobile responsive html5, I recommend Skeleton: (Try resizing those pages!)
      > http://www.getskeleton.com/

      Seems good. Thank you.

      > If you 'View Source' on that page, you will see the multiple-browser version support implementation. That is a key to
      > supporting older browsers that don't support all features directly.

      It is a detail, but they have not 'printmedia'. Html5boilerplate has
      also that fallback for older browsers, but maybe indeed a bit complicated.

      But, meanwhile I have found error/warning free html5-template:
      http://www.intensivstation.ch/html5/html5-templates/ (with mini-css)

      Also (via above site): http://bearcss.com/
      Did not tested it now (It is a hot day today!) but if it works, I can
      make a page with al the standard codes that I'm using, to produce css3
      stylesheet (I hope).

      --
      Adrien