NoteTab 7.01 final available
- Hi everyone,
I'm pleased to announce the final release of NoteTab 7.01. It sounds
like a tiny update, but there are actually many significant
improvements. I recommend you update your 7.0 copy to this release.
You can download NoteTab 7.01 from this page:
Have you got the paid edition of version 7? If so, you can download the
new update through NoteTab's "Check for Updates" feature, which is
available from the Help menu.
Here's a list of the main changes since version 7.0:
* You no longer need to use the /usb switch when running NoteTab from a
USB flash drive (memory stick) under Windows XP or more recent.
* Improved handling of Favorites feature when NoteTab is run from a USB
* Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest version.
* Improved “Calculate Expression” feature. Works without first selecting
expression when line contains other text. Simply place cursor at the end
of the expression and press Ctrl+E to calculate the result. You can also
do chained expressions 1+2=3 +3=6 +4=10. If the expression doesn’t end
with an “=” sign, then NoteTab replaces the expression with its result.
* The “Calculate Expression” feature and ^$Calc Clip function now assume
the decimal and digit grouping symbols used in an expression correspond
to the Windows region settings.
* Improved smart quotes feature. Select text wrapped with straight
quotes and NoteTab will replace them with smart quotes on pressing the
* Improved the Match Brackets feature. Now also works with double quotes
(smart and straight). When searching for "straight double quotes", place
the cursor in the text between them.
* Added minor improvements to several Clip libraries and templates.
* Fixed issue with Wildcards setting that caused search dialog box to
error in some situations when the search text was left blank.
* Improved Clip error reporting when caused by a regular expression
* Fixed ^!Find and ^!Replace Clip commands so that they no longer change
the settings of the standard search dialog boxes.
* Fixed incorrect results returned by ^$StrPos, ^$StrPosRight and
* Fixed incorrect results returned by ^$ExpandEnv when used with NoteTab
* Added optional parameter to ^$Calc function to specify decimal and
digit grouping symbols to override the default Windows settings. The
first character is for the decimal symbol and the second for the digit
If only the decimal symbol is specified, then no digit grouping symbol
will be used in the result. Use letter "E" instead of a digit grouping
symbol to always use a scientific notation in results.
* Added pre-defined variables with the decimal and digit grouping
symbols defined in Windows: