Re: [NH] NoteTab 7 hyperlink bug

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
      Hi Will,

      Sorry my reply comes a bit late.

      I had indeed removed all transitional attributes so they would adhere to
      the latest standards in HTML coding. But I do agree that the Target
      attribute is useful and has no reasonable non-transitional alternative.
      So I'm putting it back in the next update.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      On 16/07/2012 21:56, cwcooknc wrote:
      > I just upgraded to NoteTab 7 today and overall it's great, but I'm having a problem with the hyperlink dialogue, which is missing an option I use for almost every link.
      >
      > Clicking the hyperlink button or Hyperlink in the HTML-CSS clipbook:
      >
      > version 6.2/fv
      > Enter values for tag attributes
      > Link URL:
      > Target (transitional):
      > Link description:
      >
      > version 7.0/fv
      > Enter values to build A tag
      > Link URL:
      > Link description:
      >
      > What happened to Target (transitional)? I use this all the time on the pages I edit most frequently to insert target="_blank" or target="_top". Is this a bug or a feature?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Will
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
        Interviewed by CNN on 28/07/2012 04:51, Eric Fookes told the world:
        > Hi Will,
        >
        > Sorry my reply comes a bit late.
        >
        > I had indeed removed all transitional attributes so they would adhere to
        > the latest standards in HTML coding. But I do agree that the Target
        > attribute is useful and has no reasonable non-transitional alternative.
        > So I'm putting it back in the next update.

        Actually, in HTML5 the "target" attribute is back. I'm quoting from
        <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5-diff/>:

        The |target
        <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/links.html#attr-hyperlink-target>|
        attribute of the |a
        <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/text-level-semantics.html#the-a-element>|
        and |area
        <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-map-element.html#the-area-element>|
        elements is no longer deprecated, as it is useful in Web applications,
        e.g. in conjunction with |iframe
        <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-iframe-element.html#the-iframe-element>|.

        --
        MCBastos