Re: [NH] NoteTab 7 hyperlink bug

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2012
      cwcooknc wrote:
      > Cool feature!

      Two additional hints:

      1) Save that Clipbook under another name, e.g. by prepending "my" or
      something like that. When updating NoteTab the standard libraries get
      overwritten by new versions, so protect your own.

      2) Subscribe to the "Clips" list too. We have one or five real artists
      there who'll solve your most convoluted problems and lots of plodders
      like me, who'll help with more mundane stuff.

      Axel
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
        Hi Will,

        Sorry my reply comes a bit late.

        I had indeed removed all transitional attributes so they would adhere to
        the latest standards in HTML coding. But I do agree that the Target
        attribute is useful and has no reasonable non-transitional alternative.
        So I'm putting it back in the next update.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/

        On 16/07/2012 21:56, cwcooknc wrote:
        > I just upgraded to NoteTab 7 today and overall it's great, but I'm having a problem with the hyperlink dialogue, which is missing an option I use for almost every link.
        >
        > Clicking the hyperlink button or Hyperlink in the HTML-CSS clipbook:
        >
        > version 6.2/fv
        > Enter values for tag attributes
        > Link URL:
        > Target (transitional):
        > Link description:
        >
        > version 7.0/fv
        > Enter values to build A tag
        > Link URL:
        > Link description:
        >
        > What happened to Target (transitional)? I use this all the time on the pages I edit most frequently to insert target="_blank" or target="_top". Is this a bug or a feature?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Will
      • Marcelo Bastos
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 28, 2012
          Interviewed by CNN on 28/07/2012 04:51, Eric Fookes told the world:
          > Hi Will,
          >
          > Sorry my reply comes a bit late.
          >
          > I had indeed removed all transitional attributes so they would adhere to
          > the latest standards in HTML coding. But I do agree that the Target
          > attribute is useful and has no reasonable non-transitional alternative.
          > So I'm putting it back in the next update.

          Actually, in HTML5 the "target" attribute is back. I'm quoting from
          <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5-diff/>:

          The |target
          <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/links.html#attr-hyperlink-target>|
          attribute of the |a
          <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/text-level-semantics.html#the-a-element>|
          and |area
          <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-map-element.html#the-area-element>|
          elements is no longer deprecated, as it is useful in Web applications,
          e.g. in conjunction with |iframe
          <http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/the-iframe-element.html#the-iframe-element>|.

          --
          MCBastos