Re: [Clip] What is it you like most about NoteTab?

  • Ray McDowell
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
      1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
      I use it as my plain text pkm;  that is, everything. My writing (with markdown text  markup), my catalogs and lists, todos, notes  idea development and projects.

      2. What is it you like most about NoteTab? The wiki style hyperlinks and the clips.

      3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most? The hyperlinks.

      4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
      another editor?  I do have to use other editors and I miss the hyperlinking.

      5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
      offer? multi-level outlining.

      6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?  plain text editing with sophisticated utilities to manipulate and convert them to other formats as needed.

      ________________________________
      I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and reply to
      this email?

      Your answers to the following questions will help me develop the copy
      for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance for future
      program enhancements.

      1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
      (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

      2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

      3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

      4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
      another editor?

      5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
      offer?

      6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

      Feel free to share your answers in this discussion group. You can also
      send them to me directly at eric.fookes@... if you prefer. Thanks!

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

    • Bob Gorman
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
        On 6/17/2012 4:49 AM, Adrien Verlee wrote:

        > - improved table function, for an idea see:
        > http://www.stefan-pettersson.nu/site/table2html/

        Thanks for this pointer!

        Bob

        --
        'I am only one;but I am still one.
        I cannot do everything,but still I can do something.

      • Ian C. Purdie
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
          Originally I had no intention of responding to the group, then I thought
          why not?

          I'm one of the legions across the planet using this wonderful software.

          I downloaded NoteTab Lite nearly a decade or more ago. I used it and
          paid my dues. I later upgraded to the "paid for" Pro version. I still
          recommend it on my site and everywhere else when the opportunity occurs.

          In fact? I'm checking right now? I have "NoteTab 4.95/fp full version"

          Archaic? Yes.

          Redundant? Maybe.

          Should I upgrade?

          NO

          Am I a professional webmaster? No I am not.

          What are the features I love? [in order], the ones I actually use.

          1. "Search Disk" - with replace

          2. "HTML - Hyperlink"

          3. "HTML - Image"

          4. Many other features I can't immediately remember. I don't use Clips
          and other stuff because to me it is totally irrelevant.

          My modest post isn't to "bag" Eric Fookes and Notetab, it's to
          congratulate Eric.

          I, personally am grateful for your wonderful creation and pleased I paid
          for the [then] Pro version.

          Just my .02c worth from a non-professional.

          Thanks! :)

          Ian C. Purdie
          Budgewoi N.S.W. Australia -
          http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/
        • Ian C. Purdie
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
            Idiot Yahoo Groups. I receive email yet can't reply. I'll try again:

            [POST]

[...]

            [/POST]
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 27, 2012
              Thanks to all who have taken the time to answer my questions. I've
              received more replies than I expected, both here and at my personal
              email address.

              Your feedback has been really helpful and I also appreciate the
              suggestions some of you sent. New ideas have been added to the NoteTab
              wish list.

              We're in the final stages with the new web site and hope to release
              NoteTab 7 by the 1st of July.

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/