Re: [NH] What is it you like most about NoteTab?

  • Rudolf Horbas
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
      > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
      > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

      * Gathering data with pasteboard
      * Processing HTML files with clips and search/replace

      > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

      * Quick
      * Pasteboard
      * Clips
      * calculator

      > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

      * pasteboard
      * regex search/replace
      * sort lines to remove duplicates
      * calculator

      > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
      > another editor?

      * pasteboard

      > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
      > offer?

      * php/css syntax highlighting

      > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

      * quick data gathering & processing

      Rudi
    • Don
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
        I guess I took the below as a given, but it was actually pretty unique
        when you first started it. Tab driven programs have now become the norm.

        I too use disk search often.

        Eventually I'll wish I had listed 90% of the features others are listing
        as well. I am enjoying this thread a lot.

        On 6/17/2012 2:24 AM, Gerard Huijing wrote:
        > working with files in multiple tabs simultaneously
      • Don
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
          I guess I wish it had better block features too. I mean they work with
          the following caveats:
          It is not what you see is what you get, so you have to work hard
          sometimes to get the right columns and then I sometimes have to add
          extra spaces to my last line so that I can get the block I want. It
          always seems a bit mysterious. Also if I have tabs in content, then
          block copy is really worthless.

          I feature negatives only to get positives. This is such an awesome
          program I hate to even say what I don't like.

          On 6/17/2012 4:49 AM, Adrien Verlee wrote:
          > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
          >> offer?
        • Ray McDowell
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
            1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
            I use it as my plain text pkm;  that is, everything. My writing (with markdown text  markup), my catalogs and lists, todos, notes  idea development and projects.

            2. What is it you like most about NoteTab? The wiki style hyperlinks and the clips.

            3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most? The hyperlinks.

            4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
            another editor?  I do have to use other editors and I miss the hyperlinking.

            5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
            offer? multi-level outlining.

            6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?  plain text editing with sophisticated utilities to manipulate and convert them to other formats as needed.

            ________________________________
            I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and reply to
            this email?

            Your answers to the following questions will help me develop the copy
            for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance for future
            program enhancements.

            1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
            (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

            2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

            3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

            4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
            another editor?

            5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
            offer?

            6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

            Feel free to share your answers in this discussion group. You can also
            send them to me directly at eric.fookes@... if you prefer. Thanks!

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/

          • Bob Gorman
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
              On 6/17/2012 4:49 AM, Adrien Verlee wrote:

              > - improved table function, for an idea see:
              > http://www.stefan-pettersson.nu/site/table2html/

              Thanks for this pointer!

              Bob

              --
              'I am only one;but I am still one.
              I cannot do everything,but still I can do something.

            • Ian C. Purdie
              Message 6 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
                Originally I had no intention of responding to the group, then I thought
                why not?

                I'm one of the legions across the planet using this wonderful software.

                I downloaded NoteTab Lite nearly a decade or more ago. I used it and
                paid my dues. I later upgraded to the "paid for" Pro version. I still
                recommend it on my site and everywhere else when the opportunity occurs.

                In fact? I'm checking right now? I have "NoteTab 4.95/fp full version"

                Archaic? Yes.

                Redundant? Maybe.

                Should I upgrade?

                NO

                Am I a professional webmaster? No I am not.

                What are the features I love? [in order], the ones I actually use.

                1. "Search Disk" - with replace

                2. "HTML - Hyperlink"

                3. "HTML - Image"

                4. Many other features I can't immediately remember. I don't use Clips
                and other stuff because to me it is totally irrelevant.

                My modest post isn't to "bag" Eric Fookes and Notetab, it's to
                congratulate Eric.

                I, personally am grateful for your wonderful creation and pleased I paid
                for the [then] Pro version.

                Just my .02c worth from a non-professional.

                Thanks! :)

                Ian C. Purdie
                Budgewoi N.S.W. Australia -
                http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/
              • Ian C. Purdie
                Message 7 of 17 , Jun 17, 2012
                  Idiot Yahoo Groups. I receive email yet can't reply. I'll try again:

                  [POST]

[...]

                  [/POST]
                • Eric Fookes
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jun 27, 2012
                    Thanks to all who have taken the time to answer my questions. I've
                    received more replies than I expected, both here and at my personal
                    email address.

                    Your feedback has been really helpful and I also appreciate the
                    suggestions some of you sent. New ideas have been added to the NoteTab
                    wish list.

                    We're in the final stages with the new web site and hope to release
                    NoteTab 7 by the 1st of July.

                    Eric Fookes
                    http://www.fookes.com/