RE: [NH] Pre-release #9 of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 10 , May 20, 2012
      Eric,

      I've been using the beta almost exclusively for running my clip library. Today, I got into a situation where I couldn't
      close files, run clips or even close NoteTab. I stopped it with the task manager, and copied my library to v6.2 then
      repeated the steps that got me into this situation. V6.2 threw an error message for a clip I had miscoded. Once I fixed
      the error, it ran fine in both v6.2 and v7.0 beta. What I THINK happened is that v7.0 beta threw an error message, but
      it apparently got 'behind' NoteTab, making it invisible. I would expect that, upon clicking anywhere in NoteTab, while
      an error message is active, that the error message would be brought to the front. Not realizing there was an error make
      it necessary to shut down NoteTab and I couldn't save anything in the process, which is a less-than-desirable situation.

      I'm not sure I can duplicate this problem, and it's the first time it has happened to me. It may be that a certain
      combination of keystrokes got the error message behind NoteTab. If you want me to try to duplicate it, I can try, but I
      think if you just create a syntax error in any clip library, you should be able to replicate it.

      Regards,
      John