RE: [NH] Pre-release #9 of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2012
      Knowing it is way late in the release cycle, I wonder if the find and replace history 'limits' could be upped, or made
      into an .ini variable. I regularly reuse both, and find that they scroll off the bottom far too soon for me, causing me
      to have to recreate complex regex finds or replaces. It would be great if it could be set to, say, 25 or as an ini
      variable, whatever the user chooses.

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 10 , May 20, 2012
        Eric,

        I've been using the beta almost exclusively for running my clip library. Today, I got into a situation where I couldn't
        close files, run clips or even close NoteTab. I stopped it with the task manager, and copied my library to v6.2 then
        repeated the steps that got me into this situation. V6.2 threw an error message for a clip I had miscoded. Once I fixed
        the error, it ran fine in both v6.2 and v7.0 beta. What I THINK happened is that v7.0 beta threw an error message, but
        it apparently got 'behind' NoteTab, making it invisible. I would expect that, upon clicking anywhere in NoteTab, while
        an error message is active, that the error message would be brought to the front. Not realizing there was an error make
        it necessary to shut down NoteTab and I couldn't save anything in the process, which is a less-than-desirable situation.

        I'm not sure I can duplicate this problem, and it's the first time it has happened to me. It may be that a certain
        combination of keystrokes got the error message behind NoteTab. If you want me to try to duplicate it, I can try, but I
        think if you just create a syntax error in any clip library, you should be able to replicate it.

        Regards,
        John