Re: [NH] Pre-release #9 of NoteTab 7.0 available

    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2012
      Marcelo Bastos wrote:
      > Although, thinking better of it, I can see some use cases for
      > editing the main doc while keeping the find/replace dialog open,

      Perhaps not editing, but I frequently copy and paste both the find and
      the replace strings from the document and that's only possible with
      going back and forth between them. Secondly I sometimes reposition the
      cursor between replaces.

      > making them as similar as possible should be a win.

      Agree.
      Axel
    • Eric Fookes
      Message 2 of 10 , May 12, 2012
        Hi Marcelo,

        > That's fine, but what about changing the shortcut in the Find dialog so
        > it matches the Replace dialog (that is, using Alt+M in the Find dialog
        > too)? After all, the Find dialog is basically the Replace dialog with a
        > few less options... making them as similar as possible should be a win.

        Those dialogs have used the same ALT shortcuts since 1997. I think it
        would upset a lot of users if I changed them now.

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 10 , May 12, 2012
          Knowing it is way late in the release cycle, I wonder if the find and replace history 'limits' could be upped, or made
          into an .ini variable. I regularly reuse both, and find that they scroll off the bottom far too soon for me, causing me
          to have to recreate complex regex finds or replaces. It would be great if it could be set to, say, 25 or as an ini
          variable, whatever the user chooses.

          Regards,
          John

          Message 4 of 10 , May 20, 2012
            Eric,

            I've been using the beta almost exclusively for running my clip library. Today, I got into a situation where I couldn't
            close files, run clips or even close NoteTab. I stopped it with the task manager, and copied my library to v6.2 then
            repeated the steps that got me into this situation. V6.2 threw an error message for a clip I had miscoded. Once I fixed
            the error, it ran fine in both v6.2 and v7.0 beta. What I THINK happened is that v7.0 beta threw an error message, but
            it apparently got 'behind' NoteTab, making it invisible. I would expect that, upon clicking anywhere in NoteTab, while
            an error message is active, that the error message would be brought to the front. Not realizing there was an error make
            it necessary to shut down NoteTab and I couldn't save anything in the process, which is a less-than-desirable situation.

            I'm not sure I can duplicate this problem, and it's the first time it has happened to me. It may be that a certain
            combination of keystrokes got the error message behind NoteTab. If you want me to try to duplicate it, I can try, but I
            think if you just create a syntax error in any clip library, you should be able to replicate it.

            Regards,
            John