Problem with Disc search/replacement NT Std 6.2

  • Jeffery
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2012
      I am having trouble with disc search and replacement using NT STD 6.2, on Windows 8.

      1. Selecting a large block of text to search or replace is not pre-pasting in the search window when activating disc search.

      2. When I highlight text on the source page, and then COPY that text to the clipboard, pasting it into the search box and tell it to search the directory, it sometimes will not find the text, even though that text IS on the currently open document in that directory.

      3. Sometimes it finds other documents with like text, but NOT all such documents.

      4. Sometimes it finds all such matches but when told to make the replacements, it does so EXCEPT on the source document which is open and highlighted.

      5. How many characters is the limit for automatic pasting into the replace/disc search wizard dialog? Any way to increase it?

      6. Is there a way to copy to the replacement dialog (from a clip) with out having to first change to a intermediate placeholder, when copying blocks of text? (a clip perhaps?)

      Thanks!

      Jeff