Re: [NH] Link title not displaying in IE 8

  • rhorbas@gmx.net
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2012
      Got it!

      The <strong>-element after the <a> prevents the title from showing.

      This works:
      <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top:
      15px"><strong><a href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank"
      title="Country Roads Cyclists">

      <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top:
      15px"><strong><a href="http://EpicRoadTrips.us" target="_blank"
      title="Mike Breiding's Epic Road Trips">

      Very peculiar ...

      Rudi

      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2012
        Great!
        Thanks for the detective work.
        -Mike
        =================

        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2012
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > This kinda stuff drive me nuts!

          I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just
          found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So
          it's an even worse problem, a non-reproducible one. As it's only one
          browser and a rather unimportant feature, I'd just live with it.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2012
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > Great!
            > Thanks for the detective work.

            I just thought you had beaten me to it and I was looking at a fixed site
            - not so:

            This is the source I see:
            <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
            href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank" title="Country Roads
            Cyclists">

            And my IE 8 does display all three titles when hovering the mouse.

            Axel
          • Marcelo Bastos
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2012
              Interviewed by CNN on 09/05/2012 14:09, Axel Berger told the world:
              > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              >> This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
              >
              > I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just
              > found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So
              > it's an even worse problem, a non-reproducible one. As it's only one
              > browser and a rather unimportant feature, I'd just live with it.

              The really, really bad news? This bug also happens in IE9.

              --
              MCBastos

              use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

              -=-=-
              ... Sent from my NeXT Cube.
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2012
                On 5/9/2012 1:19 PM, Marcelo Bastos wrote:
                > Interviewed by CNN on 09/05/2012 14:09, Axel Berger told the world:
                >> Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                >>> This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
                >>
                >> I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just
                >> found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So
                >> it's an even worse problem, a non-reproducible one. As it's only one
                >> browser and a rather unimportant feature, I'd just live with it.
                >
                > The really, really bad news? This bug also happens in IE9.

                Ah, what fun!
                -mb