Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [NH] Link title not displaying in IE 8

Expand Messages
  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    ... Hi Rudi, First two still won t pop in IE. The last link (dedication), does pop in IE. All is OK in FF 12. This kinda stuff drive me nuts! Thanks, -Mike
    Message 1 of 10 , May 9, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      On 5/9/2012 11:14 AM, rhorbas@... wrote:
      > You put both href values in single quotes, but the rest of the
      > attributes in double quotes. Single quotes are OK, but the mix might
      > confuse IE, try and change them to doubles.

      Hi Rudi,
      First two still won't pop in IE.
      The last link (dedication), does pop in IE.
      All is OK in FF 12.

      This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
      Thanks,
      -Mike
      ====================

      <h4>Mike Breiding's Epic Road Trips</h4>
      <ul>
      <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
      href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank" title="Country Roads
      Cyclists">
      <strong>Country Roads Cyclists</strong></a></li>

      <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
      href="http://EpicRoadTrips.us" target="_blank" title="Mike Breiding's
      Epic Road Trips">
      <strong>ERT - HOME</strong></a></li>
      </ul>

      <div id="dedication">
      <p><a href='http://EpicRoadTrips.us/dad' target="_blank" title="My dad's
      web site">This site is dedicated to my father:<br />
      <strong style="font-size:105%">George H. Breiding</strong><br />
      Read more...</a>
      </p>
      </div>

      >
      > Rudi
      >
      >
      >
    • rhorbas@gmx.net
      Got it! The -element after the prevents the title from showing. This works:
      Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        Got it!

        The <strong>-element after the <a> prevents the title from showing.

        This works:
        <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top:
        15px"><strong><a href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank"
        title="Country Roads Cyclists">
        Country Roads Cyclists</a></strong></li>

        <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top:
        15px"><strong><a href="http://EpicRoadTrips.us" target="_blank"
        title="Mike Breiding's Epic Road Trips">
        ERT - HOME</a></strong></li>

        Very peculiar ...

        Rudi

        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schrieb am 09.05.2012 18:34:
        > On 5/9/2012 11:14 AM, rhorbas@... wrote:
        >> You put both href values in single quotes, but the rest of the
        >> attributes in double quotes. Single quotes are OK, but the mix might
        >> confuse IE, try and change them to doubles.
        >
        > Hi Rudi,
        > First two still won't pop in IE.
        > The last link (dedication), does pop in IE.
        > All is OK in FF 12.
        >
        > This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
        > Thanks,
        > -Mike
        > ====================
        >
        > <h4>Mike Breiding's Epic Road Trips</h4>
        > <ul>
        > <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
        > href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank" title="Country Roads
        > Cyclists">
        > <strong>Country Roads Cyclists</strong></a></li>
        >
        > <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
        > href="http://EpicRoadTrips.us" target="_blank" title="Mike Breiding's
        > Epic Road Trips">
        > <strong>ERT - HOME</strong></a></li>
        > </ul>
        >
        > <div id="dedication">
        > <p><a href='http://EpicRoadTrips.us/dad' target="_blank" title="My dad's
        > web site">This site is dedicated to my father:<br />
        > <strong style="font-size:105%">George H. Breiding</strong><br />
        > Read more...</a>
        > </p>
        > </div>
        >
        >>
        >> Rudi
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Great! Thanks for the detective work. -Mike =================
        Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          Great!
          Thanks for the detective work.
          -Mike
          =================
          On 5/9/2012 12:53 PM, rhorbas@... wrote:
          > Got it!
          >
          > The<strong>-element after the<a> prevents the title from showing.
          >
          > This works:
          > <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top:
          > 15px"><strong><a href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank"
          > title="Country Roads Cyclists">
          > Country Roads Cyclists</a></strong></li>
          >
          > <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top:
          > 15px"><strong><a href="http://EpicRoadTrips.us" target="_blank"
          > title="Mike Breiding's Epic Road Trips">
          > ERT - HOME</a></strong></li>
          >
          > Very peculiar ...
          >
          > Rudi
          >
          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV schrieb am 09.05.2012 18:34:
          >> On 5/9/2012 11:14 AM, rhorbas@... wrote:
          >>> You put both href values in single quotes, but the rest of the
          >>> attributes in double quotes. Single quotes are OK, but the mix might
          >>> confuse IE, try and change them to doubles.
          >>
          >> Hi Rudi,
          >> First two still won't pop in IE.
          >> The last link (dedication), does pop in IE.
          >> All is OK in FF 12.
          >>
          >> This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
          >> Thanks,
          >> -Mike
          >> ====================
          >>
          >> <h4>Mike Breiding's Epic Road Trips</h4>
          >> <ul>
          >> <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
          >> href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank" title="Country Roads
          >> Cyclists">
          >> <strong>Country Roads Cyclists</strong></a></li>
          >>
          >> <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
          >> href="http://EpicRoadTrips.us" target="_blank" title="Mike Breiding's
          >> Epic Road Trips">
          >> <strong>ERT - HOME</strong></a></li>
          >> </ul>
          >>
          >> <div id="dedication">
          >> <p><a href='http://EpicRoadTrips.us/dad' target="_blank" title="My dad's
          >> web site">This site is dedicated to my father:<br />
          >> <strong style="font-size:105%">George H. Breiding</strong><br />
          >> Read more...</a>
          >> </p>
          >> </div>
          >>
          >>>
          >>> Rudi
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
          > NoteTab website: http://www.notetab.com/
          > NoteTab Discussion Lists: http://www.notetab.com/groups.php
          >
          > ***
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
        • Axel Berger
          ... I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So it s an even
          Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > This kinda stuff drive me nuts!

            I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just
            found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So
            it's an even worse problem, a non-reproducible one. As it's only one
            browser and a rather unimportant feature, I'd just live with it.

            Axel
          • Axel Berger
            ... I just thought you had beaten me to it and I was looking at a fixed site - not so: This is the source I see:
            Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > Great!
              > Thanks for the detective work.

              I just thought you had beaten me to it and I was looking at a fixed site
              - not so:

              This is the source I see:
              <li style="font-size: 100%; margin-left: 15px; margin-top: 15px"><a
              href="http://www.crcyclists.org/" target="_blank" title="Country Roads
              Cyclists">
              <strong>Country Roads Cyclists</strong></a></li>

              And my IE 8 does display all three titles when hovering the mouse.

              Axel
            • Marcelo Bastos
              ... The really, really bad news? This bug also happens in IE9. -- MCBastos This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized use will be
              Message 6 of 10 , May 9, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                Interviewed by CNN on 09/05/2012 14:09, Axel Berger told the world:
                > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                >> This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
                >
                > I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just
                > found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So
                > it's an even worse problem, a non-reproducible one. As it's only one
                > browser and a rather unimportant feature, I'd just live with it.

                The really, really bad news? This bug also happens in IE9.

                --
                MCBastos

                This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized
                use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

                -=-=-
                ... Sent from my NeXT Cube.
                * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.9 *
                Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla
              • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                ... Ah, what fun! -mb
                Message 7 of 10 , May 9, 2012
                • 0 Attachment
                  On 5/9/2012 1:19 PM, Marcelo Bastos wrote:
                  > Interviewed by CNN on 09/05/2012 14:09, Axel Berger told the world:
                  >> Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                  >>> This kinda stuff drive me nuts!
                  >>
                  >> I agree, IE 8 is buggy. I have stuck to 7 for that reason, but I just
                  >> found one machine with 8 on it - and it does display all your titles. So
                  >> it's an even worse problem, a non-reproducible one. As it's only one
                  >> browser and a rather unimportant feature, I'd just live with it.
                  >
                  > The really, really bad news? This bug also happens in IE9.

                  Ah, what fun!
                  -mb


                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.