RE: [NH] Pre-release #5 of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2012
      There seems to be something broken in this release. Using the exact same text file and the exact same clip code to
      create an html version of that text file, it runs fine in 6.2 but fails in 7. I have not found exactly what is at fault
      yet, but I have narrowed it down to one command:
      ^!Find "(?s)^\#\#Ing::\K\R[^<]+(?=<\/p>)" HRS
      ^!IfError IngDone

      This command should capture all text from ##Ing:: through the end of a section of untagged lines. These are simply text
      lines that don't have an html paragraph mark </p>
      In v 6.2, it captures as it should. In 7.0, it misses several lines, and then begins capturing in the middle of one of
      the lines that should have been included, and then captures the rest. So it skipped 5 1/2 lines that it was supposed to
      capture.

      I can provide my whole text file if needed, but I suspect that the (?s) command in the Find is somehow broken. Any
      series of lines should be sufficient as long as one has \#\#Ing:: on a line by itself, and the string of lines ends with
      My text was copied and pasted into a new document, then saved, so I'm sure it's pure ASCII.
      In the following lines, the capture begins at the first instance of the word 'Gold', which is completely random in my
      opinion.
      ##Ing::
      T> -----
      S> 1 1/2 POUND (12 slices)
      T> -----
      3/4 cup water, PLUS
      2 tablespoons water
      3 cups Gold Medal Better for Bread flour
      3/4 cup water
      1/2 cup mashed very ripe bananas

      Regards,
      John