Re: [NH] Pre-release #5 of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2012
      Finally had a look at it...

      Main complaint so far: drop-down menus in Search and Replace dialogs.
      Both search direction and type of search are now selected by drop-down
      dialogs. (OK, search direction was already that way in NTP 6, but I
      hardly ever needed to change that). But I find it annoying to need two
      clicks (one to open the menu, one to select) to enable/disable regexp
      search. It's just three options; wouldn't a radio button selection be
      more convenient (even if it takes a bit more room)?

      I also notice that the new CSS highlighting is active only for *.css
      files, not for CSS sections within HTML files. Oh well, it's a start.
      Perhaps in a future version...

      Anyway, I noticed a bug in the CSS syntax highlighter:

      It gets confused by comments. The selector immediately following a
      comment often does not get highlighted. Sometimes, it will "grey out"
      the remainder of the file as if it were a comment.

      Also, I noticed that it did highlight (in blue, as if it were a
      selector) the closing curly bracket for one of my "@media" sections.

      --
      MCBastos

      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my Daystrom M5 Multitronic System.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16, 2012
        There seems to be something broken in this release. Using the exact same text file and the exact same clip code to
        create an html version of that text file, it runs fine in 6.2 but fails in 7. I have not found exactly what is at fault
        yet, but I have narrowed it down to one command:
        ^!Find "(?s)^\#\#Ing::\K\R[^<]+(?=<\/p>)" HRS
        ^!IfError IngDone

        This command should capture all text from ##Ing:: through the end of a section of untagged lines. These are simply text
        lines that don't have an html paragraph mark </p>
        In v 6.2, it captures as it should. In 7.0, it misses several lines, and then begins capturing in the middle of one of
        the lines that should have been included, and then captures the rest. So it skipped 5 1/2 lines that it was supposed to
        capture.

        I can provide my whole text file if needed, but I suspect that the (?s) command in the Find is somehow broken. Any
        series of lines should be sufficient as long as one has \#\#Ing:: on a line by itself, and the string of lines ends with
        My text was copied and pasted into a new document, then saved, so I'm sure it's pure ASCII.
        In the following lines, the capture begins at the first instance of the word 'Gold', which is completely random in my
        opinion.
        ##Ing::
        T> -----
        S> 1 1/2 POUND (12 slices)
        T> -----
        3/4 cup water, PLUS
        2 tablespoons water
        3 cups Gold Medal Better for Bread flour
        3/4 cup water
        1/2 cup mashed very ripe bananas

        Regards,
        John