Page not displaying properly in IE 8

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
      Greetings,

      For some reason this page is now aligning left instead of centered.
      Also, the "Back to top" link no longer works.

      http://wildwonderfulwv.us/house4rent/index.html

      There are no problems in FF or Chrome.

      I know the page is a mess.
      All I am interesting in doing is fixing these problems, not a total
      re-work which will make it perfect in all regards. ;)

      Thanks,
      -Mike
    • John Wallace
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
        I don't see any css for your Div id=content or other divs?

        IE has always been strange on handling stuff.

        Possibly add a div id that has center in it in the css?

        John Wallace
        Pontiac Power Rules !!!
        www.wallaceracing.com <http://www.wallaceracing.com/>

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
          On 3/25/2012 9:07 AM, John Wallace wrote:
          > I don't see any css for your Div id=content or other divs?

          There is this:
          #content
          {margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width: 700px;}

          BTW - this behavior only started recently.
          So, I am not sure what I might have done, if anything to change it.

          Thanks,
          -Mike

          > IE has always been strange on handling stuff.
          >
          > Possibly add a div id that has center in it in the css?
          >
          > John Wallace
          > Pontiac Power Rules !!!
          > www.wallaceracing.com<http://www.wallaceracing.com/>
          >

          > _____

        • John Wallace
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
            I don't see that when I pop up the source?

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
              John,
              I corrected the doctype and fixed a malformed URL and now it appears to
              be OK - at least on my end.

              Thanks,
              -Mike
              ==========================

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
                Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                > There is this:
                > #content
                > {margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;width: 700px;}

                That is correct, but IE chooses not to see it so. Instead (and for yiur
                CSS in addition) you need to say align:center (and undo that for the
                element's children).
                This is from the top of my aging head, I'm visiting my daughter in the
                Holy Land and have no access to my tools.

                Axel
              • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 25, 2012
                  Thanks, Axel.