Re: [NH] Pre-release of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21 11:29 AM
      Hi Axel,

      Thanks for your latest comments.

      > ... In all, whenever there are
      > UTF characters and NoteTab's recognition kicks in, I always end up with
      > loads of hassle and aggravation. Please take away all automatisms and
      > replace them by warning messages.

      I think such a change would upset a lot of users that appreciate the way
      NoteTab handles UTF-8 files. With all due respect, I don't think you
      represent a typical user in the way you deal with such data.

      > N.B: I hope the Tab sequence in the file open selectbox is repaired now.
      > In 6.2 it's totally illogical.

      I'm not aware of anything being broken in that feature. When you select
      to open multiple files through the File Open dialog box, NoteTab opens
      them in alphabetical order.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 21 11:47 AM
        Eric Fookes wrote:
        > I'm not aware of anything being broken in that feature. When you select
        > to open multiple files through the File Open dialog box, NoteTab opens
        > them in alphabetical order.

        No, no, I said TAB sequence. After <Ctl><O> the cursor is in the "file
        name" field. Pressing <Tab> repeatedly moves it to "file type" and "open
        as read-only", jumping over the "code page" field between. Continuing we
        come to "open", "cancel", "code page", "look in", the list area, and
        finally back to "file name".
        Logically "code page" ought to belong between "file type" and "read
        only", not beween "cancel" and "look in", don't you agree?
        I rarely use the code page choice, but when I do I find it a lot of
        hassle to reach.

        Axel
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 21 12:17 PM
          On 21/03/2012 19:47, Axel Berger wrote:
          > No, no, I said TAB sequence. After<Ctl><O> the cursor is in the "file
          > name" field. Pressing<Tab> repeatedly moves it to "file type" and "open
          > as read-only", jumping over the "code page" field between. Continuing we
          > come to "open", "cancel", "code page", "look in", the list area, and
          > finally back to "file name".

          Oh, okay. Now I see. I was not aware of that issue. I'm not sure if
          there is a way to control the tab sequence in the Windows File dialog
          box, but I will investigate this.

          Thanks Axel.

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/