Re: [NH] Missing body border

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
      Great idea.
      Some are named, some not.
      The page I am using is a template and I have used it 100s of times.
      I have screwed it up before with various slips of the mouse and keyboard.
      But, until now, I was always able to find the culprit.
      Thanks,
      -Mike
      ````````````````````````````````````

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > This is driving me nuts!

        Right. The w3c validator refuses to validate because line 372 contains a
        non-us-ascii character. Overriding with cp-1252 I get the same unmatched
        /DIV in line 470 you do.

        My Firefox plugin tells me more:
        a) "This content cannot be displayed in a frame"
        This is probaly due to my not allowing scripts from Google.

        b) The noscript part of the frame has 37 errors

        Using another editor with one feature NoteTab lacks - a hierarchy test
        for arbitrary begin and end tags I can confirm your <DIV> and </DIV> do
        inedeed match. There may still be a wrong embedding there somewhere.
        Hint: I write <DIV>s with this clip:

        ^!Set %varCLS%=^?[&Class]; %varID%=^?[&ID]; %varALN%=^?[(T=L)&Align
        (transitional)=center|_|justify|left|right]; %varSTL%=""
        ^!IfEmpty "^%varALN%" leer
        ^!Set %varSTL%="text-align: ^%varALN%"
        :leer
        ^!InsertWizardHtml <DIV ID="^$StrLower("^%varID%")$"
        CLASS="^$StrLower("^%varCLS%")$" STYLE="^%varSTL%"
        ALIGN="^$StrUpper("^%varALN%")$">^P^&^P</DIV><!-- end
        #^$StrUpper("^%varID%")$ .^$StrUpper("^%varCLS%")$
        ^$StrUpper("^%varALN%")$ -->

        (First and last lines are long) The comments after all the </DIV>s help
        me not to lose track.

        My suggestion: Try it without that frame and Google script.

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > This is driving me nuts!

          I think I found it. You have placed an <IFRAME> inside a <P>. <P>s may
          only contain inline, no block elements.

          Axel
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
            I found the problem.
            There was an errant </div> in a header PHP include.
            Border is back now but I am getting the error Axel reports below in the
            w3c validator.
            The WDG validator gives it the OK.
            http://htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2011%2Faz%2Fbrown_mountain%2F&warnings=yes

            Curious..
            -Mike
            ================

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
              Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > I found the problem.
              > There was an errant </div> in a header PHP include.

              Funny that, but you seem to be right. The remaining error reported here
              is a doubly defined ID. I'm not sure what the purpose of an ID inside a
              LI is. You might use TITLE.

              Axel
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
                On 2/24/2012 10:32 AM, John Shotsky wrote:
                > Download EditPadPro trial. The trial never actually expires, it just nags you to purchase it each time you run it.
                > Besides a lot of other cool features, it matches up tags. Click on a div, it shows you what it thinks are both ends. If
                > you see a single div between its highlighted ones, that is a nesting error. I use this all the time in complex pages.
                > http://www.editpadpro.com/

                I did as you suggested. But, I could not see any problems.
                EditPadPro found each div opening and ending and I just could not see
                anything out of whack.
                I can't wait too see what the is causing this!
                Thanks,
                -Mike
                ``````````````````````````

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 24, 2012
                  Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                  >I can't wait too see what the is causing this!

                  Causing what? The DIV thing is solved, right? What's the new problem?
                  You have 4 errors now but I'm afraid got lost somewhere along the
                  road and don't know which of them you want help with.

                  Lotta
                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 26, 2012
                    Sorry for the delayed reply.