Re: [NH] Markdown Library Script

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 24, 2011
      --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "lorellevanfossen" <lorelleonwordpress@...> wrote:

      > Markdown is an old web language code used on websites and forums, which is why I brought it here. NoteTab easily converts documents into HTML and I want to convert a document written with markdown language into HTML. I don't know what the markdown.pl perl script is unless it converts a markdown written article into HTML.
      >
      > For example see http://www.asianefficiency.com/technology/multimarkdown-and-scrivener-for-efficient-blogging/ I know that some text editors convert markdown documents into HTML and I remembered something from years ago that NoteTab might, but it might have been in reference to that markdown.pl script.
      >
      > Does that help make it clear what I'm asking?
      >
      > Lorelle

      Hi Lorelle,

      I don't think you're going to find an already-written stand alone markdown clip, and I don't think it would be a trivial task to make one.

      There's informative wiki entry for Markdown here: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown>

      The author of the markdown perl script invented the shorthand code. Its easy to run the script from a clip, but you need Perl and the markdown script. There's also web page that runs markdown.pl where you can paste document text and press a convert button. That's here: <http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus>

      It looks likes multimarkdown is an exe file. Haven't tried it but it should also be easy to use from a short clip. Your clip could run the exe file using ^** to refer to the current document text as a file.

      Regards,
      Sheri