Re: [NH] placing images inline with each other

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
      On 10/30/2011 2:23 PM, Mick Housel wrote:

      > Mike,
      >
      > I think you missed the don't in this line in Lotta's reply :
      > "If so, don't make them display: block as they are now."
      >
      > Here's a quick and easy way to see exactly what display does :
      > <longline>
      > http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_display&preval=inline
      > </longline>
      >
      > In your CSS change :
      > .inline {display:block}
      > #imginline img {display:inline}
      >
      > Move it down to the end of the file so it overrides #intro img, instead
      > of the other way around.
      >
      > In your HTML :
      > Instead of the span, use a named div:
      > . . . .
      >
      > Fixed.

      Right you are!
      And thanks for pointing out my mis-read of Loro's fix.
      I used to have firebug installed by somewhere along the line it got whacked!

      Thanks to all.
      -Mike

      > One of my favorite tools for debugging code in HTML pages is Firebug.
      > It's an extension for Firefox, there's also a lite version for Google
      > Chrome. With it, you can change your HTML or CSS on the fly and see
      > immediately how it affects the page. There's also many more ways in
      > which Firebug can help with site debugging, enough that I won't try to
      > list them :) Here's the page for the Firebug extension for FireFox :
      > http://getfirebug.com/
      >
      > I also find the Web Developer Toolbar extension to be very useful to
      > help see what's really happening with a page. It can be found at :
      > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/developers
      >
      > HTH. Have a great day!
      >
      > Mick
      >
      > I speak 3 different languages :
      > 1> English
      > 2> Sarcasm
      > 3> Profanity

    • Michael Rawley
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
        Hi Mike,

        You might look at www.normist.co.uk/bungalow. It's done with CSS

        Regards,
        Michael rawley
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
          On 10/30/2011 5:22 PM, Michael Rawley wrote:
          > Hi Mike,
          > You might look at www.normist.co.uk/bungalow. It's done with CSS
          > Regards, Michael rawley

          Thanks, Michael.