Re: [NH] placing images inline with each other

  • fw7oaks
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
      Isn't <span> the place to start looking ?

      fw

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
        On 10/29/2011 5:19 PM, loro wrote:
        > At 22:53 2011-10-29, you wrote:
        >> Howdy!
        >> Can anyone tell me how to place more than one image inline here:
        >>
        >> http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/
        >> CSS: http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/php-nav-index_style.css
        >>
        >> The single images are in a centered<div> and I would like to have the
        >> multiple images inline and centered as well.
        >
        > Do you mean you want them side by side in a row, not one under the
        > other as they are where it says "Copperheads by Sean, Caroline and
        > Donae"? If so, don't make them display: block as they are now.

        Yep. That's it.
        But, if I change that then the player graphics are inline as well.
        I tried wrapping the 3 "camper" images in <div style="display: block">
        buy that had no effect.
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
          On 10/30/2011 4:25 AM, fw7oaks wrote:
          > Isn't<span> the place to start looking ?

          I tried wrapping the 3 images in <span class="inline"> with this CSS
          .inline {display:block}
          But, it had no efffect.

          Thanks,
          -Mike

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
            FYI
            I inserted a stitched graphic below the 3 horizontal images I would like
            to see inline.
            -mb
            ------------------------
            On 10/29/2011 4:53 PM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > Howdy!
            > Can anyone tell me how to place more than one image inline here:
            >
            > http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/
            > CSS: http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/php-nav-index_style.css
            >
            > The single images are in a centered<div> and I would like to have the
            > multiple images inline and centered as well.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > -Mike
          • Margaret Peloquin
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
              You might try the suggestions in this article:
              http://robertnyman.com/2010/02/24/css-display-inline-block-why-it-rocks-and-why-it-sucks/

              This table is helpful for compatibility:
              http://www.quirksmode.org/css/display.html

              On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 4:50 AM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <
              mike@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > FYI
              > I inserted a stitched graphic below the 3 horizontal images I would like
              > to see inline.
              > -mb
              > ------------------------
              > On 10/29/2011 4:53 PM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > > Howdy!
              > > Can anyone tell me how to place more than one image inline here:
              > >
              > > http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/
              > > CSS: http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/php-nav-index_style.css
              > >
              > > The single images are in a centered<div> and I would like to have the
              > > multiple images inline and centered as well.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > -Mike

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
                Hi Mike
                why can"t you a small table three in row and center the table.
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
                  On 10/30/2011 8:28 AM, Margaret Peloquin wrote:
                  > You might try the suggestions in this article:
                  > http://robertnyman.com/2010/02/24/css-display-inline-block-why-it-rocks-and-why-it-sucks/

                  Good info, but way more than I want to get into for this use.
                  I think I will just go with the stitched images.

                  Thanks!
                  -mb

                  > This table is helpful for compatibility:
                  > http://www.quirksmode.org/css/display.html
                  >

                  > On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 4:50 AM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV<
                  > mike@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> **
                  >>

                  >> FYI
                  >> I inserted a stitched graphic below the 3 horizontal images I would like
                  >> to see inline.
                  >> -mb
                  >> ------------------------
                  >> On 10/29/2011 4:53 PM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                  >>> Howdy!
                  >>> Can anyone tell me how to place more than one image inline here:
                  >>>
                  >>> http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/
                  >>> CSS: http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/php-nav-index_style.css
                  >>>
                  >>> The single images are in a centered<div> and I would like to have the
                  >>> multiple images inline and centered as well.
                  >>>
                  >>> Thanks,
                  >>> -Mike

                • Mick Housel
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
                    On 10/30/2011 2:38 AM, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                    > On 10/29/2011 5:19 PM, loro wrote:
                    >> At 22:53 2011-10-29, you wrote:
                    >>> Howdy!
                    >>> Can anyone tell me how to place more than one image inline here:
                    >>>
                    >>> http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/
                    >>> CSS: http://juniornaturecamp.org/2011/voice/php-nav-index_style.css
                    >>>
                    >>> The single images are in a centered<div> and I would like to have the
                    >>> multiple images inline and centered as well.
                    >>
                    >> Do you mean you want them side by side in a row, not one under the
                    >> other as they are where it says "Copperheads by Sean, Caroline and
                    >> Donae"? If so, don't make them display: block as they are now.
                    >

                    > Yep. That's it.
                    > But, if I change that then the player graphics are inline as well.
                    > I tried wrapping the 3 "camper" images in<div style="display: block">
                    > buy that had no effect.
                    > Thanks,
                    > -Mike

                    Mike,

                    I think you missed the don't in this line in Lotta's reply :
                    "If so, don't make them display: block as they are now."

                    Here's a quick and easy way to see exactly what display does :
                    <longline>
                    http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_display&preval=inline
                    </longline>

                    In your CSS change :
                    .inline {display:block}
                    #imginline img {display:inline}

                    Move it down to the end of the file so it overrides #intro img, instead
                    of the other way around.

                    In your HTML :
                    Instead of the span, use a named div:
                    . . . .

                    Fixed.

                    One of my favorite tools for debugging code in HTML pages is Firebug.
                    It's an extension for Firefox, there's also a lite version for Google
                    Chrome. With it, you can change your HTML or CSS on the fly and see
                    immediately how it affects the page. There's also many more ways in
                    which Firebug can help with site debugging, enough that I won't try to
                    list them :) Here's the page for the Firebug extension for FireFox :
                    http://getfirebug.com/

                    I also find the Web Developer Toolbar extension to be very useful to
                    help see what's really happening with a page. It can be found at :
                    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/developers

                    HTH. Have a great day!

                    Mick

                    I speak 3 different languages :
                    1> English
                    2> Sarcasm
                    3> Profanity
                  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
                      On 10/30/2011 2:23 PM, Mick Housel wrote:

                      > Mike,
                      >
                      > I think you missed the don't in this line in Lotta's reply :
                      > "If so, don't make them display: block as they are now."
                      >
                      > Here's a quick and easy way to see exactly what display does :
                      > <longline>
                      > http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_display&preval=inline
                      > </longline>
                      >
                      > In your CSS change :
                      > .inline {display:block}
                      > #imginline img {display:inline}
                      >
                      > Move it down to the end of the file so it overrides #intro img, instead
                      > of the other way around.
                      >
                      > In your HTML :
                      > Instead of the span, use a named div:
                      > . . . .
                      >
                      > Fixed.

                      Right you are!
                      And thanks for pointing out my mis-read of Loro's fix.
                      I used to have firebug installed by somewhere along the line it got whacked!

                      Thanks to all.
                      -Mike

                      > One of my favorite tools for debugging code in HTML pages is Firebug.
                      > It's an extension for Firefox, there's also a lite version for Google
                      > Chrome. With it, you can change your HTML or CSS on the fly and see
                      > immediately how it affects the page. There's also many more ways in
                      > which Firebug can help with site debugging, enough that I won't try to
                      > list them :) Here's the page for the Firebug extension for FireFox :
                      > http://getfirebug.com/
                      >
                      > I also find the Web Developer Toolbar extension to be very useful to
                      > help see what's really happening with a page. It can be found at :
                      > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/developers
                      >
                      > HTH. Have a great day!
                      >
                      > Mick
                      >
                      > I speak 3 different languages :
                      > 1> English
                      > 2> Sarcasm
                      > 3> Profanity

                    • Michael Rawley
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
                        Hi Mike,

                        You might look at www.normist.co.uk/bungalow. It's done with CSS

                        Regards,
                        Michael rawley
                      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 30, 2011
                          On 10/30/2011 5:22 PM, Michael Rawley wrote:
                          > Hi Mike,
                          > You might look at www.normist.co.uk/bungalow. It's done with CSS
                          > Regards, Michael rawley

                          Thanks, Michael.