Re: [NH] Specify BorderColor in Table Tag?

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
      You're right, Gentlemen. It's hex(30). For some reason, postings from the list arrive as "Design-Mail".

      If I select "Text-Mail", the lower-case oh becomes a zero!

      Sorry for all the fuss.

      Bruce
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
        bruce.somers@... wrote:
        > Sorry for all the fuss.

        I keep being told how backward I am. So I actually enjoy these reminders
        every now and again.

        N.B: Just look at the wording with which e.g. the BBC and chabad.org
        tout their HTML newsletters and denigrate the text ones. Yahoo is at it
        too, calling them "Fully Featured New & Improved!" and "Traditional"
        respectively.

        Axel
      • Marcelo Bastos
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
          Interviewed by CNN on 05/04/2011 09:54, Axel Berger told the world:
          > bruce.somers@... wrote:
          >> Sorry for all the fuss.
          >
          > I keep being told how backward I am. So I actually enjoy these reminders
          > every now and again.
          >
          > N.B: Just look at the wording with which e.g. the BBC and chabad.org
          > tout their HTML newsletters and denigrate the text ones. Yahoo is at it
          > too, calling them "Fully Featured New & Improved!" and "Traditional"
          > respectively.

          "Fully featured" is marketing-speak for "choke-full with ads."
          Apparently ads are "features" now. I feel old, I thought ads were shown
          BEFORE the feature, to fill time while you were buying popcorn and
          finding your seat, not the feature itself.

          --
          MCBastos

          use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

          -=-=-
          ... Sent from my Bandar talking drum.
        • bruce.somers@web.de

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
              Interviewed by CNN on 05/04/2011 11:44, bruce.somers@... told the world:
              > It is odd that all postings that I receive from the list are HTML-Mail.
              >
              > If I try to post them to the list with comments, they are refused! Humorous?

              Actually, this is a combination of two settings:

              - Your setting for this list is to receive messages in the so-called
              "full-featured" format. This means that even plaintext messages will be
              converted to HTML (with a few niceties, and of course... ads).

              - The overall setting for the list, OTOH, is set to refuse attachments
              (which includes HTML versions of the messages). Some mail clients,
              however, don't bother to send a plaintext version along the HTML
              messages -- in that case, there will be nothing left after the filter
              strips the attachment.

              If you go to your "My Groups" page, open the notetab-html list page and
              change the settings to receive messages in the "traditional" format, the
              problem disappears.

              --
              MCBastos

              use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.