Re: [NH] Specify BorderColor in Table Tag?

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
      I too, read FFCCoo and not FFCC00.

      Bruce

      Von: "Axel Berger" <Axel-Berger@...>
      Gesendet: Apr 4, 2011 3:07:29 PM
      An: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      Betreff: Re: [NH] Specify BorderColor in Table Tag?

      M Peloquin wrote:
      > in my email it appreared to be #FFCCohoh

      I believe you must be mistaken.

      Axel
    • bruce.somers@web.de
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
        Oh, oh! web.de seems to be replacing zeroes with the letter o. Strange.
        Bruce

      • rhorbas@gmx.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
          bruce.somers@... schrieb am 04.04.2011 18:52:
          > I too, read FFCCoo and not FFCC00.

          It's all FFCC00 (zerozero) here:

          Note: The font for zero is kind of strange, looks like a small case "o"

          Rudi

          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
            bruce.somers@... wrote:
            > I too, read FFCCoo and not FFCC00.

            If I may be so bold you might try choosing a better font.

            Axel
          • bruce.somers@web.de
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
              You're right, Gentlemen. It's hex(30). For some reason, postings from the list arrive as "Design-Mail".

              If I select "Text-Mail", the lower-case oh becomes a zero!

              Sorry for all the fuss.

              Bruce
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                bruce.somers@... wrote:
                > Sorry for all the fuss.

                I keep being told how backward I am. So I actually enjoy these reminders
                every now and again.

                N.B: Just look at the wording with which e.g. the BBC and chabad.org
                tout their HTML newsletters and denigrate the text ones. Yahoo is at it
                too, calling them "Fully Featured New & Improved!" and "Traditional"
                respectively.

                Axel
              • Marcelo Bastos
                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                  Interviewed by CNN on 05/04/2011 09:54, Axel Berger told the world:
                  > bruce.somers@... wrote:
                  >> Sorry for all the fuss.
                  >
                  > I keep being told how backward I am. So I actually enjoy these reminders
                  > every now and again.
                  >
                  > N.B: Just look at the wording with which e.g. the BBC and chabad.org
                  > tout their HTML newsletters and denigrate the text ones. Yahoo is at it
                  > too, calling them "Fully Featured New & Improved!" and "Traditional"
                  > respectively.

                  "Fully featured" is marketing-speak for "choke-full with ads."
                  Apparently ads are "features" now. I feel old, I thought ads were shown
                  BEFORE the feature, to fill time while you were buying popcorn and
                  finding your seat, not the feature itself.

                  --
                  MCBastos

                  use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

                  -=-=-
                  ... Sent from my Bandar talking drum.
                • bruce.somers@web.de

                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                      Interviewed by CNN on 05/04/2011 11:44, bruce.somers@... told the world:
                      > It is odd that all postings that I receive from the list are HTML-Mail.
                      >
                      > If I try to post them to the list with comments, they are refused! Humorous?

                      Actually, this is a combination of two settings:

                      - Your setting for this list is to receive messages in the so-called
                      "full-featured" format. This means that even plaintext messages will be
                      converted to HTML (with a few niceties, and of course... ads).

                      - The overall setting for the list, OTOH, is set to refuse attachments
                      (which includes HTML versions of the messages). Some mail clients,
                      however, don't bother to send a plaintext version along the HTML
                      messages -- in that case, there will be nothing left after the filter
                      strips the attachment.

                      If you go to your "My Groups" page, open the notetab-html list page and
                      change the settings to receive messages in the "traditional" format, the
                      problem disappears.

                      --
                      MCBastos

                      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.