Re: [NH] Specify BorderColor in Table Tag?

  • M Peloquin
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
      Shouldn't the color be #FFCCZeroZero in my email it appreared to be
      #FFCCohoh

      On 4/4/2011 7:36 AM, Ray Shapp wrote:
      > Hi Rudi and Axel,
      >
      > Thank you both. I did Google for this kind of info, but you guys went beyond
      > my original question, and gave me info even more useful.
      >
      > Thanks again.
      >
      > Ray Shapp
      >

      > On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 5:58 AM,<rhorbas@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Hi Ray,

      >> should read:

      >> but this just sets a border around the table. To apply a border to the
      >> cells, you'd have to explicitly apply the style to them:
      >>
      >> or better use a class instead:

      >> td.border {
      >> border: 1px solid FFCC00;
      >> }

      >> Rudi

      You do not change people by shouting at them.
      - Precious Ramotswe -
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
        M Peloquin wrote:
        > in my email it appreared to be #FFCCohoh

        I believe you must be mistaken.

        Axel
      • Rudolf Horbas
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
          M Peloquin schrieb am 04.04.2011 15:05:
          > Shouldn't the color be #FFCCZeroZero in my email it appreared to be
          > #FFCCohoh

          I just converted the FFCC00 to lower case and got ffcc00.

          Rudi

        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
            I too, read FFCCoo and not FFCC00.

            Bruce

            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
              Oh, oh! web.de seems to be replacing zeroes with the letter o. Strange.
              Bruce

            • rhorbas@gmx.net
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
                bruce.somers@... schrieb am 04.04.2011 18:52:
                > I too, read FFCCoo and not FFCC00.

                It's all FFCC00 (zerozero) here:

                Note: The font for zero is kind of strange, looks like a small case "o"

                Rudi

                Message 7 of 16 , Apr 4, 2011
                  bruce.somers@... wrote:
                  > I too, read FFCCoo and not FFCC00.

                  If I may be so bold you might try choosing a better font.

                  Axel
                • bruce.somers@web.de
                  Message 8 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                    You're right, Gentlemen. It's hex(30). For some reason, postings from the list arrive as "Design-Mail".

                    If I select "Text-Mail", the lower-case oh becomes a zero!

                    Sorry for all the fuss.

                    Bruce
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                      bruce.somers@... wrote:
                      > Sorry for all the fuss.

                      I keep being told how backward I am. So I actually enjoy these reminders
                      every now and again.

                      N.B: Just look at the wording with which e.g. the BBC and chabad.org
                      tout their HTML newsletters and denigrate the text ones. Yahoo is at it
                      too, calling them "Fully Featured New & Improved!" and "Traditional"
                      respectively.

                      Axel
                    • Marcelo Bastos
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                        Interviewed by CNN on 05/04/2011 09:54, Axel Berger told the world:
                        > bruce.somers@... wrote:
                        >> Sorry for all the fuss.
                        >
                        > I keep being told how backward I am. So I actually enjoy these reminders
                        > every now and again.
                        >
                        > N.B: Just look at the wording with which e.g. the BBC and chabad.org
                        > tout their HTML newsletters and denigrate the text ones. Yahoo is at it
                        > too, calling them "Fully Featured New & Improved!" and "Traditional"
                        > respectively.

                        "Fully featured" is marketing-speak for "choke-full with ads."
                        Apparently ads are "features" now. I feel old, I thought ads were shown
                        BEFORE the feature, to fill time while you were buying popcorn and
                        finding your seat, not the feature itself.

                        --
                        MCBastos

                        use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

                        -=-=-
                        ... Sent from my Bandar talking drum.
                      • bruce.somers@web.de

                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 5, 2011
                            Interviewed by CNN on 05/04/2011 11:44, bruce.somers@... told the world:
                            > It is odd that all postings that I receive from the list are HTML-Mail.
                            >
                            > If I try to post them to the list with comments, they are refused! Humorous?

                            Actually, this is a combination of two settings:

                            - Your setting for this list is to receive messages in the so-called
                            "full-featured" format. This means that even plaintext messages will be
                            converted to HTML (with a few niceties, and of course... ads).

                            - The overall setting for the list, OTOH, is set to refuse attachments
                            (which includes HTML versions of the messages). Some mail clients,
                            however, don't bother to send a plaintext version along the HTML
                            messages -- in that case, there will be nothing left after the filter
                            strips the attachment.

                            If you go to your "My Groups" page, open the notetab-html list page and
                            change the settings to receive messages in the "traditional" format, the
                            problem disappears.

                            --
                            MCBastos

                            use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.