japanese characters

  • jimjwall
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2010
      Does anyone know how to get Japanese characters to display in the notetab lite ide instead of the question marks?
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2010
        Interviewed by CNN on 19/12/2010 20:53, jimjwall told the world:
        > Does anyone know how to get Japanese characters to display in the notetab lite ide instead of the question marks?

        AFAIK, you can't. Notetab does not have full Unicode support.

        --
        MCBastos

        use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

        -=-=-
        ... Refusing to make a decision is its own kind of cowardice. (Picard)
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2010
          On 12/19/2010 9:37 PM, Marcelo Bastos wrote:

          > Interviewed by CNN on 19/12/2010 20:53, jimjwall told the world:
          > > Does anyone know how to get Japanese characters to display in the
          > notetab lite ide instead of the question marks?
          >
          > AFAIK, you can't. Notetab does not have full Unicode support.
          >
          > --
          > MCBastos

          Yes you can, with Lite version 6.2. There are even a couple sample
          Japanese files in the Samples folder!

          cp_Japanese_shift-JIS.html opened for me with Japanese characters, but
          to get cp_Japanese_shift-JIS.txt to display properly, I had to select
          the Japanese (shift-JIS) code page on the File Open dialog. Not sure if
          necessary, but I do also have Asian language support (which includes
          fonts) installed in Windows.

          Regards,
          Sheri