Re: [NH] Creating new web page

  • M Peloquin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
      I concur Axel. It is a good book. NT Pro is a great tool for people
      who know what the HTML code should be. If you don't know, another place
      to gain that basic knowledge might be the online basic HTML tutorial at
      W3schools (http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp). They are free
      and very helpful.

      On 12/16/2010 11:52 AM, Axel Berger wrote:

      > anthony833589 wrote:
      > > What do I enter in this field please?
      >
      > It asks for an image file in a format browsers understand. There are
      > good reasons not to use any of those attributes:
      > 1) All these attributes are design, not content. They belong in a CSS
      > file.
      > 2) Just about anything you do here makes your pages harder to read. All
      > browsers offer the option of suppressing all that colour and wallpaper
      > and I for one use that option as standard. I visit sites for content and
      > I want that content to be as legible and accessible as possible. If I'm
      > looking for art and beauty, I look somewhere else.
      >
      > Get yourself a good introduction into HTML and CSS. NoteTab is a great
      > tool, but it assumes you know what you're doing.
      >
      > I have found Mastering Integrated HTML and CSS by Virginia DeBolt a
      > nice easy introduction and can recommend CSS mastery by Andy Budd.
      >
      > Axel

      Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian / EVC
      Austin Community College
      3401 Webberville Rd, Austin, Texas 78702
      512.223.5117 || Fax: 512.223.5111
      peloquin@... || http://library.austincc.edu

    • Kerry Coates at GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2010
        I am assuming it is an image you want to use for the background -- if you don't want an image for the background then just leave it blank. I haven't used that feature in a long time so I forget....

        Remember -- Health is Wealth!

        Hugs,
        Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA
        GNLD NeoLife Director - http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com