Re: [NH] Editing web pages online

    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 19, 2010
      Scott Fordin wrote:
      > it is in bad taste (and against list guidelines) to recommend
      > products that compete in the same space as NoteTab.

      In a strict sense you're right of course. On the other hand it is just
      because we here use powerful tools that we need advice about that GUI
      junk. I think cooperation with others, who refuse to use an editor and
      insist on junk software, is a need more than a few of us will come up
      against from time time. Then it is in our interest, that these coworkers
      won't do too much damage to our clean pages.

      > you're playing with fire if you regularly edit files directly
      > on a website rather than following version control and data
      > backup best practices.

      Unless I'm mistaken Mike probably does the same as I do: Edit all pages
      locally with backups and then mirror the local folder to the remote
      site. If so, all the damage some other editor can do, is ruin and
      destroy all his own work, but all Mike's will still sit there,
      untouched, on his owen drive, ready to be reuploaded when warranted.
      If you don't do it this way, Mike, then I agree with Scott and suggest
      you ought to.