Re: [NH] CSS question

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
      Margaret Peloquin wrote:
      > Just a guess here, but in your css line ..
      > quote
      > {font: 95%/1.3 'Times New Roman',Times,serif;margin: 0px; color: #804000;}
      > . you are applying what I assume is a line height and a font family.
      >
      > In your blockquote line ..
      > #anchor blockquote p {color: #804000;font-size: 95%; margin: 0 20%;}
      > . you are not applying the same parameters.

      Yes! I changed it, but to no effect.
      I think Loro has found the problem:

      > According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
      > blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

      I guess the question is why and how to fix it.
      As usual, I am clueless...
      Thanks,
      -Mike

      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
        Mike wrote:
        >Down to one CSS error:
        >http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
        >#intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
        >What is wrong with it?

        Nothing. But the CSS checker says:
        128 * Parse Error */ #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}

        Look at the beginning of the quoted line. You have half a comment a
        bit up, after the last } before this rule. Since whitespace doesn't
        count for more than a single space the selector becomes "*/ #intro p".

        Lotta
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
          loro wrote:
          > Mike wrote:
          >> Down to one CSS error:
          >> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
          >> #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
          >> What is wrong with it?
          >
          > Nothing. But the CSS checker says:
          > 128 * Parse Error */ #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
          >
          > Look at the beginning of the quoted line. You have half a comment a
          > bit up, after the last } before this rule. Since whitespace doesn't
          > count for more than a single space the selector becomes "*/ #intro p".

          Got it!
          No errors now.
          Thanks,
          -mb