Re: [NH] CSS question

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 13, 2010
      Lotta wrote:
      >Mike wrote:
      > >Greetings,
      > >
      > >Can anyone see why there is a font difference between the blockquote and
      > >
      > >HTML: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/d12/
      > >CSS: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/php-nav-index_style_0marg_img.css
      >
      >Uh-huh... Lot's of stuff to read there... To know which of them looks
      >right would help. So would valid HTML and CSS. You have a parse error
      >in the CSS. It's too far down in the style sheet to have anything to
      >do with this, but it may cause other problems.

      According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
      blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

      That's all a Saturday night. ;-)

      Lotta
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
        loro wrote:
        > Mike wrote:
        >> Greetings,>>
        >> Can anyone see why there is a font difference between the blockquote and
        >>
        >> HTML: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/d12/
        >> CSS: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/php-nav-index_style_0marg_img.css
        >
        > Uh-huh... Lot's of stuff to read there... To know which of them looks
        > right would help. So would valid HTML and CSS. You have a parse error
        > in the CSS. It's too far down in the style sheet to have anything to
        > do with this, but it may cause other problems.

        Down to one CSS error:
        http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
        #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
        What is wrong with it?
        -mb

        > Lotta

        Morgantown WV

        www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
          loro wrote:
          > Lotta wrote:
          >> Mike wrote:
          >>> Greetings,
          >>>
          >>> Can anyone see why there is a font difference between the blockquote and
          >>>
          >>> HTML: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/d12/
          >>> CSS: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/php-nav-index_style_0marg_img.css
          >> Uh-huh... Lot's of stuff to read there... To know which of them looks
          >> right would help. So would valid HTML and CSS.

          HTML validation report:
          http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
          Line 101, Column 143: an attribute value literal can occur in an
          attribute specification list only after a VI delimiter
          The <..Creek and "Catching" a local dinner"> I do not know how to fix.

          Error Line 165, Column 9: ID "currentpage" already defined
          This is from the PHP menu includes. I have never figgered out how to
          correct this.

          >>You have a parse error
          >> in the CSS. It's too far down in the style sheet to have anything to
          >> do with this, but it may cause other problems.
          >
          > According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
          > blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

          Why??
          Thanks,
          -Mike

          > That's all a Saturday night. ;-)
          >
          > Lotta

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
            Margaret Peloquin wrote:
            > Just a guess here, but in your css line ..
            > quote
            > {font: 95%/1.3 'Times New Roman',Times,serif;margin: 0px; color: #804000;}
            > . you are applying what I assume is a line height and a font family.
            >
            > In your blockquote line ..
            > #anchor blockquote p {color: #804000;font-size: 95%; margin: 0 20%;}
            > . you are not applying the same parameters.

            Yes! I changed it, but to no effect.
            I think Loro has found the problem:

            > According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
            > blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

            I guess the question is why and how to fix it.
            As usual, I am clueless...
            Thanks,
            -Mike

            --

            Morgantown WV

            www.EpicRoadTrips.us
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
              Mike wrote:
              >Down to one CSS error:
              >http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
              >#intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
              >What is wrong with it?

              Nothing. But the CSS checker says:
              128 * Parse Error */ #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}

              Look at the beginning of the quoted line. You have half a comment a
              bit up, after the last } before this rule. Since whitespace doesn't
              count for more than a single space the selector becomes "*/ #intro p".

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
                loro wrote:
                > Mike wrote:
                >> Down to one CSS error:
                >> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
                >> #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
                >> What is wrong with it?
                >
                > Nothing. But the CSS checker says:
                > 128 * Parse Error */ #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
                >
                > Look at the beginning of the quoted line. You have half a comment a
                > bit up, after the last } before this rule. Since whitespace doesn't
                > count for more than a single space the selector becomes "*/ #intro p".

                Got it!
                No errors now.
                Thanks,
                -mb