Re: [NH] CSS question

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 13, 2010
      Lotta wrote:
      >Mike wrote:
      > >Greetings,
      > >
      > >Can anyone see why there is a font difference between the blockquote and
      > >
      > >HTML: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/d12/
      > >CSS: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/php-nav-index_style_0marg_img.css
      >
      >Uh-huh... Lot's of stuff to read there... To know which of them looks
      >right would help. So would valid HTML and CSS. You have a parse error
      >in the CSS. It's too far down in the style sheet to have anything to
      >do with this, but it may cause other problems.

      According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
      blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

      That's all a Saturday night. ;-)

      Lotta
    • Margaret Peloquin
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 13, 2010
        Just a guess here, but in your css line ..
        quote
        {font: 95%/1.3 'Times New Roman',Times,serif;margin: 0px; color: #804000;}
        . you are applying what I assume is a line height and a font family.

        In your blockquote line ..
        #anchor blockquote p {color: #804000;font-size: 95%; margin: 0 20%;}
        . you are not applying the same parameters.

        --
        === Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian Eastview ===
        === Austin Community College, Austin, Texas ===
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
          loro wrote:
          > Mike wrote:
          >> Greetings,>>
          >> Can anyone see why there is a font difference between the blockquote and
          >>
          >> HTML: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/d12/
          >> CSS: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/php-nav-index_style_0marg_img.css
          >
          > Uh-huh... Lot's of stuff to read there... To know which of them looks
          > right would help. So would valid HTML and CSS. You have a parse error
          > in the CSS. It's too far down in the style sheet to have anything to
          > do with this, but it may cause other problems.

          Down to one CSS error:
          http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
          #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
          What is wrong with it?
          -mb

          > Lotta

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
            loro wrote:
            > Lotta wrote:
            >> Mike wrote:
            >>> Greetings,
            >>>
            >>> Can anyone see why there is a font difference between the blockquote and
            >>>
            >>> HTML: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/d12/
            >>> CSS: http://epicroadtrips.us/2010/ca/php-nav-index_style_0marg_img.css
            >> Uh-huh... Lot's of stuff to read there... To know which of them looks
            >> right would help. So would valid HTML and CSS.

            HTML validation report:
            http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
            Line 101, Column 143: an attribute value literal can occur in an
            attribute specification list only after a VI delimiter
            The <..Creek and "Catching" a local dinner"> I do not know how to fix.

            Error Line 165, Column 9: ID "currentpage" already defined
            This is from the PHP menu includes. I have never figgered out how to
            correct this.

            >>You have a parse error
            >> in the CSS. It's too far down in the style sheet to have anything to
            >> do with this, but it may cause other problems.
            >
            > According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
            > blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

            Why??
            Thanks,
            -Mike

            > That's all a Saturday night. ;-)
            >
            > Lotta

            Morgantown WV

            www.EpicRoadTrips.us
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
              Margaret Peloquin wrote:
              > Just a guess here, but in your css line ..
              > quote
              > {font: 95%/1.3 'Times New Roman',Times,serif;margin: 0px; color: #804000;}
              > . you are applying what I assume is a line height and a font family.
              >
              > In your blockquote line ..
              > #anchor blockquote p {color: #804000;font-size: 95%; margin: 0 20%;}
              > . you are not applying the same parameters.

              Yes! I changed it, but to no effect.
              I think Loro has found the problem:

              > According to Safari's inspector the font size for the para in the
              > blockquote is 100%. The '#anchor blockquote p' rule is never read.

              I guess the question is why and how to fix it.
              As usual, I am clueless...
              Thanks,
              -Mike

              --

              Morgantown WV

              www.EpicRoadTrips.us
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
                Mike wrote:
                >Down to one CSS error:
                >http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
                >#intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
                >What is wrong with it?

                Nothing. But the CSS checker says:
                128 * Parse Error */ #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}

                Look at the beginning of the quoted line. You have half a comment a
                bit up, after the last } before this rule. Since whitespace doesn't
                count for more than a single space the selector becomes "*/ #intro p".

                Lotta
              • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 14, 2010
                  loro wrote:
                  > Mike wrote:
                  >> Down to one CSS error:
                  >> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?profile=css21&warning=0&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2010%2Fca%2Fd7%2F
                  >> #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
                  >> What is wrong with it?
                  >
                  > Nothing. But the CSS checker says:
                  > 128 * Parse Error */ #intro p {margin: 0 25%;}
                  >
                  > Look at the beginning of the quoted line. You have half a comment a
                  > bit up, after the last } before this rule. Since whitespace doesn't
                  > count for more than a single space the selector becomes "*/ #intro p".

                  Got it!
                  No errors now.
                  Thanks,
                  -mb