[NH] Re: [NTB] Netscape communicator view source

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 1999
      Hi Molly and Klaus,

      > This is an interesting idea. I had been using a pasteboard in
      > NoteTabPro for this purpose, but it would be much easier to use
      > ntp directly. Any idea how to get IE5 to allow this kind of
      > configuration?

      You can View Source in IE and have it come up in NoteTab by going
      to the Help menu in NoteTab and choosing Replace MS Notepad.

      > I did change the settings under Edit-Preferences-Navigator-
      > Applications-HyperText Markup Language to my notetab.exe file.
      > However, when I try to View-Source it still shows up in a
      > navigator window. Any help is appreciated.

      Netscape has always given me problems tyring to due that. I
      always seem to get a conflict with MS Word. Trying looking at
      your setting in Windows Explorer under Options for Netscape HTML
      file. See if Edit is one of features it is optioned for. I
      cannot tell you if that is to Edit them off the disk only though.
      look at it later, but hopefully somebody will have a answer for
      you by then. :)

      Happy NoteTabbin',
      Jody Adair

      To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from the NoteTab Mailing
      Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s):

      Subscribe:
      The NoteTab Basic List: NoteTab-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab Clips List: Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      The NoteTab HTML List: Ntb-html-Subscribe@...

      UnSubscribe:

      The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html
    • us271782@stratos.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 1999
        <3.0.5.32.19990709162834.007f836-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=69
        > Hi Molly and Klaus,
        >
        > > This is an interesting idea. I had been using a pasteboard in
        > > NoteTabPro for this purpose, but it would be much easier to use
        > > ntp directly. Any idea how to get IE5 to allow this kind of
        > > configuration?
        >
        > You can View Source in IE and have it come up in NoteTab by going
        > to the Help menu in NoteTab and choosing Replace MS Notepad.
        >
        > > I did change the settings under Edit-Preferences-Navigator-
        > > Applications-HyperText Markup Language to my notetab.exe file.
        > > However, when I try to View-Source it still shows up in a
        > > navigator window. Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > Netscape has always given me problems tyring to due that. I
        > always seem to get a conflict with MS Word. Trying looking at
        > your setting in Windows Explorer under Options for Netscape HTML
        > file. See if Edit is one of features it is optioned for. I
        > cannot tell you if that is to Edit them off the disk only though.
        > look at it later, but hopefully somebody will have a answer for
        > you by then. :)
        >
        > Happy NoteTabbin',
        > Jody Adair

        All,

        I followed Jody's advice and I think you are right - it only works for
        editing files from disk. I went back and did a delete and re-entry in
        Netscape Edit-Prefs-Nav-Apps for html files to use NTB but it
        automagically reverts back to Netscape(internal). I can live without
        this feature, but still curious if there is a way to make this work.

        Thanks again,
        Klaus

        P.S. Jody, what's the proper pronoun for you? he or she? Sorry I
        don't know!

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 25, 1999
          Hi Klaus,

          > P.S. Jody, what's the proper pronoun for you? he or she?

          He is a him. :) Had a great time and will get to mail when I
          can - have a *lot* of mail and haven't even checked mail for
          NoteTab Support... Off to do that now. I have my new computer
          parts in a box ready to upgrade as well. <bg>

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab