Re: [NH] html > pdf and relative path

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
      Hi
      have you had a look at the notetab clip library NTP2FPDF
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
        Dave,

        Op 24-jul-10, om 17:32 heeft Dave het volgende geschreven:

        > have you had a look at the notetab clip library NTP2FPDF

        I looked now. Seems to be a 'php-thing'. I do not do or have php.
        --
        Adrien
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
          Michael,

          Op 24-jul-10, om 17:34 heeft Michael Rawley het volgende geschreven:

          > May I ask why you should want to do this?

          Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.
          --
          Adrien
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
            Adrien Verlee wrote:
            > Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.

            The problem with relative files is: relative to what exactly?

            I have just opened an index.htm of mine with many links to files in the
            same directory and saved that as a PDF onto another partition. All the
            relative links were correctly and automatically converted to fully
            qualified ones like
            <file:///F:/Webspace/berger-odenthal.de/aktuell/a-010428.htm>. All fully
            qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
            is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
            opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
            OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

            So it seems the solution must be to convert all relative links to fully
            qualified ones pointing to your server, an extra step but a simple one
            in NoteTab. I agree that a conversion from relative to a configurable
            absolute path in OpenOffice export would be nice to have, but the one
            extra step is not that bad, is it?

            Axel
          • Adrien Verlee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
              Op 24-jul-10, om 19:38 heeft Axel Berger het volgende geschreven:

              > qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
              > is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
              > opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
              > OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

              http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/ can do it right. Links, footnotes,
              bookmarks ...
              So, chance there is that a program exist that it does also
              immediately well.
              --
              Adrien
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 25, 2010
                Hi
                I assume the links in the first place
                and download php and install "php-5.2.0-win32-installer" and that is it ,use
                the plugin .
                THANKYOU DAVE M