Re: [NH] html > pdf and relative path

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
      Hi
      have you had a look at the notetab clip library NTP2FPDF
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
          Dave,

          Op 24-jul-10, om 17:32 heeft Dave het volgende geschreven:

          > have you had a look at the notetab clip library NTP2FPDF

          I looked now. Seems to be a 'php-thing'. I do not do or have php.
          --
          Adrien
        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
            Michael,

            Op 24-jul-10, om 17:34 heeft Michael Rawley het volgende geschreven:

            > May I ask why you should want to do this?

            Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.
            --
            Adrien
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
              Adrien Verlee wrote:
              > Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.

              The problem with relative files is: relative to what exactly?

              I have just opened an index.htm of mine with many links to files in the
              same directory and saved that as a PDF onto another partition. All the
              relative links were correctly and automatically converted to fully
              qualified ones like
              <file:///F:/Webspace/berger-odenthal.de/aktuell/a-010428.htm>. All fully
              qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
              is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
              opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
              OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

              So it seems the solution must be to convert all relative links to fully
              qualified ones pointing to your server, an extra step but a simple one
              in NoteTab. I agree that a conversion from relative to a configurable
              absolute path in OpenOffice export would be nice to have, but the one
              extra step is not that bad, is it?

              Axel
            • Adrien Verlee
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24, 2010
                Op 24-jul-10, om 19:38 heeft Axel Berger het volgende geschreven:

                > qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
                > is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
                > opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
                > OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

                http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/ can do it right. Links, footnotes,
                bookmarks ...
                So, chance there is that a program exist that it does also
                immediately well.
                --
                Adrien
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 25, 2010
                  Hi
                  I assume the links in the first place
                  and download php and install "php-5.2.0-win32-installer" and that is it ,use
                  the plugin .
                  THANKYOU DAVE M